Chapter 2: Nightmare

Start from the beginning

"I have seen Lady penelope go up and down from the third floor often these past few weeks, and i checked just in case and Young Lady Yvonne's room was not closed." Everyone turned to the little girl expectantly.

'The accusative glares' thought penelope.

True, the little girl did go to the third floor, but it was to escape her abusive maid since there were less maids on the third floor and it also led to the attic. But never once she stepped into anyroom other than the attic, she wouldn't want the necklace if it belonged to the real lady.

'Absurd!' thought penelope as her eyes welled up with tears.

"Please father! I really didn't go into that room!" pleaded the little girl with hope and trust filled in her eyes. The duke was generous enough to bring her here, so he might also believe her. But that little girl expected too much, the duke gave her an icy cold look instead of a trusting look.

"Butler, lock every room in the third room securally, especially Yvonne's room." said Duke with a cold voice.

"Yes sire" replied the butler.

"And call to bring the jeweler maker into the mansion tomorrow." ordered the duke.

The little girl's face was pale, her Turquoise eyes trembling from disbelief. And with that the Duke left without saying another word.

'This was the day I lost all respect for the duke, wasn't it?' thought penelope.

"Trash" glared derrick, the oldest son, at the little girl as if she was literal trash.

"You should have left the mansion the day we told you to, bitch." siad Reynold. He pushed the girl harshly on the ground as he followed after the duke.

*Thud!* the little girl fell on the ground, as the people around did nothing to help.

End Dream

A soft knock snapped Penelope out of her sleep, but she didn't reply, she was too tired for that shit. The knocking rushed but it seemed that person was not angry.

"Argh!" groaned Penelope as she glanced at the sleeping man. She covered his face with a blanket and made her way to the door. Upon opening the door she met the person she didn't want to see, not after that nightmare at least.

"Yes?" asked Penelope.

"My lady, it is not good to lock your door." lectured Pennel, the butler.

And that's it, he crossed the line, making Penelope lose her mind.

"It is my room, who are you, a servant, to tell me what to do?" she asked with a cold voice. She would have held it in if she hadn't had that nightmare. But it was partly this old man's fault for what happened in the past and she was tired of pretending to respect him.

 But it was partly this old man's fault for what happened in the past and she was tired of pretending to respect him

The unusually cold voice of Penelope made Pennel flinch. He never expected her to talk without throwing a tantrum.

"So what do you want?" asked Penelope.

"Ahh, The Duke asks for your presence in the dining room." answered Pennel.

'Huh, already dinner time?' thought penelope as she glanced out the window, just to see the dark sky. Suddenly her eyes widened as the realization hit her, the dude hadn't eaten anything for a day now! Shit! At this rate he is not gonna heal.

"I decline, I am on my prohibition and I am feeling a bit sick," Penelope reasoned.

"But-"

"We wouldn't want me to infect Yvonne now would we?" questioned Penelope as she closed the door without saying another word.

And started smashing the fruits. She then gives it to the man to eat. While she goes to get changed. 

At the dinner table

"What did she answer?" asked the duke.

"My lady said she is feeling unwell, and she wouldn't want lady yvonne to get sick as well

"My lady said she is feeling unwell, and she wouldn't want lady yvonne to get sick as well." answered Pennel with a bow.

"It's strange, that bitch hasn't thrown any tantrums recently." Reynold spoke with his mouth full.

"Brother! That's rude!" huffed Yvonne. She is quite fond of her sister.

"Anything else?" asked the Duke, ignoring Reynold's language.

"Lady penelope had also locked the door to her room. Duke, this is just a mere concern but we do not have any spare keys for that room and the real one was lost years ago" Pennel reminded the Duke.

"Hmm." hummed the duke.

"Father, if I may suggest. I do not think we need a spare key. We won't need it, and it is a waste of money." said derrick. He didn't want to spend useless money one that garbage. Not for some dumb reason.

"I see. Alright then Pennel, inform penelope to be here for breakfast tomorrow, and it's an order." said the duke as he dismissed Pennel and continued the dinner.

"Tsk, why does that bitch have to be here? Can't she just eat it in her damn room?" reasoned Reynold.

"Bother, that's rude. And I don't know why you hate her so much, she seems nice." argued Yvonne.

"Isn't it obvious? That bitch doesn't belong here, and she was trying to replace you!" yelled Reynold.

"But-"

"That's enough Reynold." Derrick interrupted Yvonne.

'But she didn't have any other choice, she had to survive, just like I had too ...' thought Yvonne 

To be continued~

A/N: Ayo, this was a long chapter. Ha I am tired. Lmao, hoped you enjoyed it. I will update more in the 2-3 days. Have fun!

Here's a crack: 

(Credits to u/hillybilly-123 (reddit))