𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 : 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂ𝔸𝕋𝕊

Start from the beginning

“ Focus on the ball !”

Kuroo nicely spiked the ball back into the other team's court ending the first set with a point of 25-22, the match in their favour.

“ Ok we'll start the next set, shortly. So take a break,” Coach Ukai informed.

Kageyama huffed as he picked up his towel. Looking around, his eyes narrowed at the lack of an annoying presence.“ Where's Kotei ?”

𝟐

Kotei watched her step as she tried to balance her weight on one leg. Before she could fall, a small chaos erupted from the distance and she watched as some of the Nekoma members filled up their bottles. She couldn't hear them properly. She was going to approach them when two prominent words, ‘volleyball’ and ‘explosion’ struck her eardrums.

She froze in her spot.

“ Hey, idiot ! What're you doing outside ! Do you have a death wish ?” Kageyama yelled from the entrance.

The girl gulped before approaching her brother with wobbly steps. He raised his brows at that. Before she could bother him with anymore of her useless talks he walked away.“Wait, nii-chan !”

“ Not now. I'm busy.”

“ It's a new anime, 𝚅𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗. It got me hooked right from the beginning !” Inuoka informed the others, brightly.“ Did any of you watch it ?”

“ Like we have free time to spare on anime.”

“ Rude.”

Kotei stood in the centre of the court in a dilemma. Her gaze landed on the numerous balls that rolled about on the floor and some more remaining in the cart. Her throat dried up fast as her brain’s processing ability skyrocketed.

The conclusion drawn after a long briefing looked somewhat like this—there is a bomb in one of the volleyballs, fitted by the other school’s players to disable Karasuno and completely move them out of the way.

Yeah, she processed wrong. But that's how her mind works.

Crouching before a ball, she bend sideways to stick her ears close to it, expecting a ticking sound of the detonator going off but a disappointed sigh escaped her lips, instead.

“ Did you hear something ?”

“ Aaaahhhh—mmph !”

“ Don't yell out of nowhere ! Gosh, that scared me....,” Kuroo huffed as he moved his hands from her mouth.

“ What's that idiot doing now ?” (Yaku)

“ Probably riling up others. That's what he's best at.” (Inuoka)

“ Poor kid.” (Kai)

Kotei scrunched up her eyebrows as she peered up at the tall male, who had a sly smile across his face, seemingly permanent. His whole being shouted suspicious as she recognised him as one of the Nekoma players conversing outside about the ‘conspiracy’.

“ Why're you looking at me like that?”

Kotei huffed looking away and walking towards another ball to inspect it.