The ends of his lips curved as he was reminded of how she was so bold. Although sometimes he couldn’t comprehend her words, he couldn’t deny the fact that he admired the way she carried herself.

What a woman.

Marami na siyang narinig tungkol kay Yophiel bago pa man niya ito nakita dahil palaging nagkukuwento ang duke sa kaniya. He always described his daughter as a competent and honorable woman. At first, he thought that the duke might just be exaggerating, but for the weeks he was with Yophiel, he could say it was indeed true.

“Sir Eziyah?”

“Huh? Did you say something?” He glanced at the lady.

“You seem to be distracted today. I said I’ll be heading over there.” Turo nito sa kanang daan.

Wala naman siya sa sariling tumango habang nasa isipan pa rin ang babaeng nagmamay-ari ng asul na mga mata.

He just shook his head before heading to the magic tower while using his light magic. It was located east from the mansion. Kung sasakay ng karwahe, aabutin pa ng ilang oras bago makarating sa magic tower. But in his case, he just needed to increase his speed to reach the tower in less than two minutes.

Paakyat na siya sa hagdan na gawa sa bato. Papunta na siya sa kaniyang kuwarto subalit napatigil nang makasalubong ang duke.

Yumukod siya bilang paggalang. “Your Grace.”

Nag-ingay rin si Atlanta sa kaniyang tabi at tinungo ang direksyon ng duke. Bahagya siyang napangiti nang niyakap ng duke ang kaniyang alaga.

“Sigurado ka ba na wala na ‘tong ibang kapatid? I want to give my daughter a Felis Drahika too.”

“Will she like it, Your Grace?”

Mabilis namang tumango ang duke. “Of course. It may not be obvious but that daughter of mine fancies animals.”

Napaisip naman siya at inalala ang lugar kung saan niya nakuha si Atlanta. He might find another Felis Drahika if he would return to that place.

“Anyway, the hunting festival will be next week,” saad ng duke habang pinaglalaruan pa rin si Atlanta. “I do want to root for your win like always, but I have another participant to cheer for this year.”

Held every year, the hunting festival became one of the awaited events in the dukedom. While most of the country used it as a pastime, the duke made it different. He used the hunting festival as a sport to showcase the talent of those who wanted to excel in hunting using different weapons, including magic. The participant with the most acquired harvest would be given land as a reward.

The duke allowed everyone to participate regardless of their status and gender, but most of the time, men always dominated the hunt.

Since he won three times in a row, he was also rewarded with properties. But despite having his own land, he still preferred to live in the magic tower.

“May I know who it is, Your Grace?”

Instead of answering, the duke smiled. “You’ll see.”

Naglakad na ito pababa pero napatigil ito at nilingon siya. His eyes were serious this time. “Oh, make sure to be in my office after the festival. We are going to talk about something important.”