Chapter one

Everyone started running back to the boat praying it’s still intact. “Come on guys were almost there. Then we can finally get off this island.” Darius their leader told them.

After that they all started running faster except Ben who was riding bumpy still. Once they arrived they looked horrified. The boat that once could take them off this island was destroyed. Ben got off bumpy and fell on his knees along with the others. “We can’t go home,” Ben cried out. “How can we ever go home now.”

Darius was the first one to get back up. “I don’t know but,” he paused. “We need to get up and go back to our shelter.” 

The others started getting up slowly. “Come on guys, we need to hurry, it's getting dark out.” Darius told them, starting to walk away already.

“Hey wait up Darius, we're coming.” Brooklyn called out. The others started running to catch up with him.

"Do you guys think we will ever get off this island?” Kenji spoke up, breaking the silence. The others shrugged their shoulders.

“I think if we get some pieces from the boat we can create a better boat that last time we tried so we can get off here but that’s not going to work yet,” Yasmina paused. “We just need to-” She was cut off by Kenji. “Survive until then.” 

“Yes I was going to say that before you cut me off.” Yasmina rolled her eyes at him. They all started walking in silence again.

Once they arrived they got through the fence and they all laid down on their beds. The only thing they’re doing is thinking how close they were to getting home. 

Yasmina Pov:

I couldn’t sleep. I was scared if I would have those same nightmares that I had ever since Sammy almost died. It was scary. I thought I was going to lose my only best friend that I ever had. I was going to close my eyes to hope to get some sleep so i’ll be ready for whatever tomorrow but a voice called out to me. 

“Hey Yaz, are you awake?” 

“Yeah I am. What's up Sammy?” I rolled over to face her. “It’s just that I can't fall asleep. So…. I was just wondering if I can….” She was pausing a lot so I got up, gently grabbed her hands and sat her on my bed.

“What’s wrong Sammy I’m not going to get mad at whatever you're going to ask me Okay?” I told her softly. She’s the only one I can show this side to. 

She rubbed her arm before speaking. “I was wondering if I can lay down with you just like a sleepover,” She paused before looking at me. I just nodded for her to keep going. “I just don’t want to be alone tonight.” Sammy looked at me for my answer. 

“Of course you can.” I said calmly meanwhile I'm actually freaking out inside. I have never laid beside someone since I was 8. “Are you sure Yaz it’s fine if you don’t want me too.” Sammy spoke up. “Yeah of course you can.” She nodded in agreement.

I laid down first making sure there's enough room for Sammy. Sammy laid down beside me. I just realized how close we are. My face starts to heat up. I quickly move to my side so my backs facing her.

“Goodnight Yaz.” I heard Sammy say.

“Goodnight Sammy.” I replied back quietly.  I felt a lot calmer more when I know Sammy is beside me alive and breathing perfectly fine. When I heard her breathing become more steady and calm. I closed my eyes letting the darkness take over before I knew I fell asleep.

\_________________\-__-/________________/

Alright there's the first chapter hope you like it so far. I have some more ideas in my head so the next chapter should be out in 2-3 days. Sorry if it's short people. I might add some more details in the future.

667 words

To be continued.....