Knowing these two they probably expect Xie Lian to start a speech on the meaning of living and how they can help like he does from the heavens. And how Jun wu is our emperor and we should definitely all listen to him. Xie Lian isn't going to do that. Not today.

The war is eating all three of them up from the inside out. Xie Lian most likely feels it the most but he'd never assume it. The other two are itching to fight. They already have a side. The royal capital of course. They want to go down and fight with their lives alongside those they trained with and knew well.

Even if it's a loosing game. It's their loosing game and they want to play.

Xie Lian sighs lovingly causing the two to glance up. They share a look before trailing eyes over to the lavishly dressed boy. The god shakes his head laughing merrily. He swishes brown locks over his shoulder and gathers his hair into one hand letting the handle of the sword fall into the other with lazy precision.

The generals tilt their heads to the side. They're confused. Xie Lian grins sadly.

The god flicks his wrist and the sword twirls with all the skill the second strongest martial arts god should have and the blade dances teasingly over his throat as he turns his head to the side. He can't watch their face as he does this.

The two generals share a horrified gasp clambering to their feet to stop the other. But it's too late.

War

Something Xie Lian knows well. He's danced with it before, and around it, over it and straight through it.

War followed him like a lost puppy.

One opponent, two, three, four, ten, fifteen, twenty six, one hundred and seven. He's fought an infinite number of beings. Some with the odds stacked against him, some with his bare hands, but Xie Lian has always been lucky.

War makes you do strange things. And in some cases you can come out of it with much more than you went in with. When you've got skin in the game you stay in the game and all that.

However Xie Lian hates war. He's a martial arts god. He fights as a way of life. He ascended because of his skill at fighting and killing but that doesn't mean he likes to do so. He encourages life above all else. He used to spew arrogant speeches, live for me, take me as your meaning, I'll be your reason.

He was stupid to think himself so highly, but then again is he much different now? For 800 years he's been the reason for someone's being. And if he's honest he doesn't hate it. Anything to keep them happy, safe and with him.

Xie Lian doesn't like to hate things. He's a happy man by default. He always smiles. Never raises his voice. Doesn't curse, out loud at least. And will always look on the positive side.

People, ghosts, monsters. He thinks they all deserve a chance. And he wants to be the one to give them that chance. But he can't save everyone and everything. It's the only negative he'll allow. No matter how much he hopes to do so. No matter how much he prays, he's a god himself, who's he to pray to?

So this time when Xie Lian says he hates war and violence he thinks that's the one thing he'll let himself hate because it's something that took everything and nothing from him.

800 years ago the palace of XianLe Heavenly Capital

"I'm heading out, be good you two." Xie Lian says thanking the boy who held the palace door open for him. "Why not bring us along?" Feng Xin asks arms crossed. "I'll personally persuade that emperor to let us go down and fight for our country."

Mu Qing rolls his eyes. "And ruin your gods reputation? I don't think so, if the emperor said no then he said no. We should be encouraging him to follow the instructions not rebel against them. Or should we all just banish ourselves?" Mu Qing makes a diving gesture.