Chapter 6 Elisia's Villians Vow

Start from the beginning

"Markus, don't involve yourself with how I choose to raise my children," He snapped at the Duke. Lord, I didn't need to disgrace the family name Elisia's father was already doing a good job.

Duke evergreen looked at him with a quirked eyebrow, "Thank you for your concern Duke Evergreen, I must be on my way now. I'll see you and lord Evergreen at Alfonse's party." I say dipping into a curtsy once again. I go to leave the room with a smirk at my father as I do so. 

When I said I'd do anything to get into knight school, I wasn't joking and if it took making his friends turn on him then I'd so. His brows scrunched at me as I passed. I gave him an innocent smile.

He slammed the door as I slipped through it. I roll my eye and waved a servant over. They had a plate of drinks on a tray. I grab one and poured the drink on the carpet in the middle of the carpet in the hallway. 

I held it up to the door, if he was going to be an ass I was going to listen in to his official business. 

The sound was faint but clear. "High Duke Reygnheart, you really should be kinder to your children, they are the future of your empire," Duke Markus says his voice holding the slightest hint of an edge.

"My Daughter isn't why you're here. So let us talk about why you're actually here, You want me to sponsor you for school, correct?" The High duke said with a grin in his voice.

"Yes, High duke, with your name behind me I'd be sure to do well," Dimitri said his voice determined. I felt my brows scrunch up, why would Dimitri want the Reygnhearts to sponsor him? Isn't just being an Evergreen a high enough boost? It's not like the Reygnhearts are known for their knighthood, unlike the Evergreens. It simply doesn't make sense. 

"Well Dakota, I'm glad to be of help. But as you know I can't be your sponsor without a show of your skill," The duke said with a tone that made my skin shiver. Dakota? I was sure that was Dimitri. There's no way I got the twins confused. I'm not Clarie. I know Dimitri when I hear him.

"Today?" Dimitri asked his voice thin and high with anxiety. There's no way that is Dakota. Dakota isn't very confident but he knows his medicine and healing.

"Well of course," the high duke said there was a pause in the conversation.

"Okay, I'll do it," Dimitri said his voice tight. 

"Great, I'm glad to hear it, Let's move to the infirmary and we'll get started," High Duke said moving towards the door. I scrambled to move out of the way I rushed to the other end of the hallway and around a corner out of sight. Unfortunately, I dashed towards the infirmary. Their footsteps crept closer. They turned the corner before I could get anywhere. 

"Ah Elisia, perfect. Come," The High Duke said not really looking at me. I felt my face pale.

"Why must I come with you father?" I ask not moving.

"The young Lord here needs your help with a display," He said still walking.

"What?" I ask looking at Dimitri and Duke Evergreen confused. Both looked a bit uncomfortable. Dimitri looks the shade of paper. 

"I don't think we need a body to practice on, high duke," Duke Markus says.

"Oh but how else will we get to see the boy's skill?" 

"But what if I mess it up?" Dimitri asks clearly uneasy. He knows nothing about being a medic. why is he doing this?

"Stop with your questioning and come with us to the infirmary. Now." The high duke said his voice tight. I look over to Dimitri who is posing for Dakota. I wonder briefly why Dimitri is pretending to be his brother. Whatever reason must be important. I set my shoulders.