FILLER

I'm back! More on where I've been at the end!

Ariel, ironically, found reprieve in the ocean. Her legs didn't burn or tingle. They did turn back into her emerald green tail, but she knew that would happen. She made sure to go to the little lagoon as the sun set, as her father would be less likely to sense her then. He would know that she was somewhere in the ocean, vaguely, but wouldn't be able to pinpoint her. Eric went with her as well, usually after they ate together.

"My mother used to bring me here, I think," He said softly. Ariel brushed her tail with some seaweed she'd procured from the beach. "Yeah? What makes you say that?" She asked. "Well, I remember coming here. It wouldn't have been my father, nor any of the servants so that only leaves her." Ariel smiled softly. "My mother used to bring me here as well."

They sat in comfortable silence for a while, just watching the sunset. "Ariel, what are we going to do?" Eric broke the silence. "You can't live in the lagoon, and you can't be in pain either," Ariel dropped the seaweed into the lagoon and watched it fall below eyesight. "Hopefully my mom can talk enough sense into him to lift the curse..." She hesitated. "But..." He prompted. Ariel sighed. "If he doesn't, I don't know... my mom is my only choice."

"Do you think she can sense you as well? Like your dad can?" Eric asked, swishing his feet back and forth. Ariel nodded. "Yeah, probably. She's got a few powers of her own, so I would say so,"

"I can," A new voice broke in. "Mom!" Ariel gasped. She scooted back on the rock and lifted her tail out of the water. It shimmered into her thin legs, covered by an emerald green skirt. The pain came back anew, forcing her to wince painfully. "I'm not here to take you back," Her mom placated. Ariel frowned through the pain. "So why are you here then?" She asked accusingly. She felt Eric's hand on her shoulder, guiding her back to the water. Her tail shimmered back, taking the pain away with it. "Your father has agreed to lift it while you are in mermaid form, whether it be in ocean water or not," Athena spoke. Ariel scoffed. "How magnanimous of him,"

Athena glared. "He also said that he would be willing to lift it completely if you return to Atlantica." Ariel shook her head immediately. "No. I'd rather be here with Eric and in pain, than under the sea without him," She met her new partner's eyes. "Ariel... I don't want you in pain," He whispered. "But I can't live without you," She whispered back. "Ariel, my love, when you meet your soulmate, fate deems you to be with them forever. This? This is an obstacle. We will overcome it, and we will be together one day," He met her eyes, holding her hands.

Athena watched tearfully. Her daughter really did love this human, and he was willing to sacrifice their relationship to keep her healthy. Perhaps if Triton witnessed their love, he would be more accepting. "Ok... promise me you'll be ok?" Athena tuned back into her daughter's voice. Tears were streaming down her face. "Yes. Here, I uh... I had this made for you, as a token of our love," Athena watched the young prince hand over a bracelet made of gold, with emerald and Amethyst jewels decorating it. Ariel grew tearful. "Oh Eric, it's lovely! But I fear it will rust in the ocean,"

"Never, it is too strong of a gold to do that,"

Ariel slipped it onto her wrist. It fit perfectly. She reached behind her ear and produced a pink sea flower. She placed it into his hands. "Take this... it's only a flower, but it is only grown in the palace gardens. It will last in air and water, so it will live,"

Athena turned away when the couple embraced, possibly for the last time. She began to swim away as Ariel dropped into the water. "I shall wait for you, Ariel!" He called.

Athena couldn't take anymore. She furiously wiped tears away from her eyes as her youngest sobbed softly all the way back to Atlantis.

I KNOW IT'S ONLY A FILLER, BUT IT SHOULD BE ENOUGH.

Look, I've been going thru some shit over the last 3 months. My best friend's dad was thrown into prison for S.A-ing her and killing her, I was in an unsafe work environment where grown men were verbally intimidating and harassing me, and I quit another job where my manager broke employment law and violated my contract. To top it all off, I caught covid & messed up which university course I wanted to do.

Plus, the UK is currently being ROASTED ALIVE in a 40-degree heatwave, so yea.

Anyway, chapter 8 will be up within the next 2 weeks. Kisses.