But, it was morning when she finally came.

Morpheus felt his bones crackle within his intact weight. It was the first sign of life that had stirred him in over a century, after roughly two and then some hundreds of years, and it had slowly startled him awake. The next series of seconds passed with much anticipation as his organs learned how to pump once again, to move naturally, to nourish him.

There was just a flutter of movement that had quickly captivated much of the room, but it was followed by an illumination of a gentle heat that caused his eyelids to twitch uncontrollably. Various shades of light pink, red, and orange flashed across his green eyes as he rolled them until they no longer felt so stiff. They twitched with an uncomfortable sting, but nonetheless, his vision began to dance around the gaze that was filled with the ghost of a fire. His eyes squeezed tighter as he dared not to look at her out of fear that she would vanish before his very soul.

As though his dreams had come true, he began to drown in a scorching heat that enveloped his chest from the outside in. She was here. She was here!

The taste of artificial sweetener captured his lips in an embrace that he had never experienced before, but her plump lips dripped into his mouth like honey and he groaned at the unusual flavour. Morpheus was unable to detail what such a taste entailed, but it was tart enough to make his mouth water and pant for more. He gripped the first thing that he could reach in a desperate effort to tame such a process, becoming engrossed in the feeling of soft, coarse hair being locked into his weakened fist.

Morpheus savoured the moment to the best of his abilities, swiping his tongue across her bottom lip that had naturally jutted out. The second that he felt her pull away, he sighed at the painful flinch of rejection. He let her push him away, but he could sense that she felt the same need, despite hers being riddled with confusion and a slight tingle of disgust. Although the reaction initially hurt him, he was too consumed in the sparks that sputtered back and forth between their heaving bodies to take offence.

He wanted to speak, to ease her worry, but he lacked in both confidence and tenderness. In truth, he had long forgotten about his anger—towards not only his mother, but his cruel punishment, and his regrettable actions—but it was as though he was suddenly struck with an overwhelming feeling of hatred. Her body oozed overpowering sentiments of horror and terror, so much so that he loathed the very concept of it with an uncontrollable passion as it continued to taint her pure essence. He struggled to delay the narrowing of his brows as he imagined how she must feel in such an awful environment, for he believed it to be a place that had restricted and debilitated him past the point of normal.

Morpheus felt the bond wail as he spoke with certainty, with need, with demand.

"Mate."

W O R D C O U N T : 1516

Hello, everyone.

It's been a long while since you have seen me, and certainly vice-versa.

Although it was not my original plan to write this today—I needed to do something that would get me out of my current rut. I'm sure if any of you had been keeping up with me throughout the duration of Mated to Morpheus, or have read over my past notes, then you have definitely been able to detect a certain pattern of mine. I am prone to losing inspiration and lacking motivation, especially during the months where I am both burnt out from school and work, which is more often than not.

Anyway, I have been wishing you all well. And, you may notice throughout this short bit of writing, that this is unedited. In truth, it's just something I sat down and wrote. It will likely stay this way—because I'm just trying to get back into such an environment. In my opinion, it needs to have more of a feral feeling to it and much more romantic when it comes to their first interaction. But, in this moment, I just want to write without overthinking too much.

all my love. and, more.