cold blood

And then the meeting was finished. "Finally. That felt like forever." A ginger spoke to his partner-in-crime who happened to be sitting four chairs down. Well you had a jolly ol' time didn't you Dazai?  The said person was fast asleep with only an eye mask to pretend he was awake. 

"DAZAI. YOU JERK!" Chuuya did this half-jokingly as with all of his beatings for Dazai. He meant well in any case. 

The brunette jerked awake by the sudden commotion. "Huh? What's going on?" Confused as well as bewildered, Dazai was now standing up with a gun in hand which was pointed at Chuuya. "Lower the damn gun you idiot." Was Chuuya's only response to Dazai's stupidity. 

Nervously laughing, Dazai was mentally preparing himself for what was to come. He knew he was about to get the beating of the century (and he did).

"You didn't hear anything Mori said?"

"No...???" Dazai was very confused to say the least.

"You have. GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. HOW DID YOU NOT HEAR ANYTHING MORI SAID?!" At this point Chuuya was absolutely infuriated with his partner (if you'd even call him that at this point. he was as good as dead meat)

"imsorryimsorryimsorry. this won't happen again, I promise." It was pure irony how Dazai, a man who was 179cm, was bowing down to Chuuya who was much smaller than he. "God. At this point you just look pathetic. Stand up for god's sake." 

"Regardless of what you heard during the meeting, Mori told me that we had a mission." 

"Yeah?" Dazai replied

"Our mission is to infiltrate a new enemy base. Whom of which we know absolutely nothing about."

"Awwww, why'd Mori assign this one to us? Couldn't Gin and Akutagawa have done it or something?"

"You really are an idiot aren't you? Look, everyone is busy at the moment which means we're the only one's available."  

"It's still so boring though." Being the usual pain the ass he is, Dazai complains how the missions they're assigned to are, oh-so-boring even though he barely makes out most of them alive. 

"Well sorry not sorry. Suck it up and let's get going." 

"Fineeee"

.

"Ok? We're inside. Now what do you want me to do?"

"Uhhhh do you see anyone around?"

"No."

"..." Chuuya's partner was lounging around in the comforts of their office while Chuuya was out, infiltrating the enemy's base. He was currently speaking to Chuuya through an earpiece. 

Dazai was in charge of looking over information as well as hacking into their camera system, which he successfully completed in a matter of seconds. 

The brunette was starting to get bored. He then lazily said, "I see someone on the cameras. He's behind you I believe." 

In a bit of a panicked state Chuuya replied, "Where? I don't see anyone."

"What? How? Are you sure you don't?"

"Yeah. 100% sure."

Chuuya could only hear static after that. Seems even Dazai is shocked. He thought to himself. 

Maybe he's an ability user...?? It seems Dazai was puzzled at this phenomenon. Still, even if he is, how can he become invisible? 

Just then, a shiver crawled up Dazai's back and he almost instantaneously screamed over the earpiece. "CHUUYA. WATCH OUT!"

At the other end, Chuuya's ear had practically gone deaf from Dazai screaming into it. Once his brain had caught up with Dazai's words, it was already too late. A bright flash could be seen from the other end of the hanging, metal hallway. After that was a loud boom that instilled ringing within Chuuya's ear was to be found. 

"CHUUYYAAA!!" Despite all the chaos happening, Dazai was still screaming into Chuuya's ear. He found comfort in that. "Dazai...it's gonna be okay. I'm not gonna die here, no way." 

"Maybe you won't die but you'll be badly injured."

Another loud boom could be heard from Chuuya's end. At this point, Dazai had made up his mind that he'd be heading over. His partner was currently on the ground of the facility, facing the pain of the aftermath. "Chuuya. I want you to stay still until I get there. I'm heading over right now." 

"Sure thing." Not like I can move anyways, dumbass 

Dazai rushed there as a fast as humanly possible (which wasn't fast enough in his opinion). When he finally got there, he was shocked by what he found. It his partner, Chuuya, lying in a pool of his own blood. 

No no no no no no. Was his initial thought. Those words still lingered in his mind at this very moment but he was more focused on trying to revive his already down partner. "Hang in there Chuuya. Stay with me, please." After sitting in silence for a few moments Chuuya replied with this; "You won't be able to do anything and you know that fact." 

It was true. He did. He just didn't want to face reality. Any sort of pep talk that he gave himself beforehand flew straight out the window. He wasn't willing to accept reality and would do anything to hang on to a glimmer of hope even if it was microscopic. 

"No, it's fine. I can just get the medical department to come here." Chuuya smiled at those words. It was comforting to know the person he used to beat up all the time still cared for him. Dazai's eyes were threatening to tear up but he didn't want to. Not yet. He had to stay strong for Chuuya.

"Dazai....please. The enemy is going to come back soon and you know that. I know you know because you're smart." Chuuya's voice began to break and tears were threatening his eyes too. "Stay strong for me, okay? I might not've told you his before but I love you. As a best friend, partner, and lover."

How could Dazai stay strong after hearing those words? His eyes started brimming with tears which soon turned into him sobbing. No one was coming to save Chuuya and he knew it. Reality slowly started sinking in and he finally realized it. 

Dazai got up, slowly lowering Chuuya's bloody body onto the concrete ground. He knew he had to walk away, but he couldn't. How could he when his partner (now lover) was in this condition? So, he stared at Chuuya lying on the ground for what felt like forever. 

After quite a while Chuuya finally spoke up. "Dazai just go. It won't make it easier if you keep staring at me." Chuuya chuckled through pained breaths. 

"I love you. Goodbye then, Chuuya." And with that small sentence, Dazai walked away. 

Chuuya's replied was pained and came only to his own mind...."Don't leave me...'