The Ex-Boyfriend

Dawn raised an eyebrow, clearly not believing you. You sighed and looked over at her.

(Y/N): Tell me about-

Ethan: Dawn! Is that you!

Both you and Dawn turned around. There was a guy in a standard trainer's outfit, a backward cap and all. He smiled and waved over to both you and Dawn. You already knew who it was. Her first, and presumably, closest ex. You looked at the boy as he walked down towards you both. Dawn smiled a bit, and you saw the two hug.

Your heart fractured a little. This wasn't something that should be normal to you. But it just slapped you in the face. Some anger swelled up inside of you. You slowly formed a fist in your right hand. Torterra walked up to you and got your hand to open up and pet him. You then saw the two separate. Ethan smiled as he looked over towards you.

Ethan: And you are?

Dawn: My boyfriend.

Dawn smiled and walked over to you and wrapped an arm around yours. You smiled slightly as Ethan took a step towards you and reached a hand to you.

Ethan: Pleasure.

(Y/N): Uh...yeah. Same here.

You shook his hand, feeling his tight grip on yours. You two pulled away a bit once he did as well. You stepped closer towards Dawn, almost like you were trying to protect her from him. In doing so, Dawn could already tell something was up from you. She pushed you lightly, getting you out of her way.

Dawn: What brings you out here? I thought you were still pushing to get into the Elite 4?

Ethan: Oh yeah. Those shmucks couldn't handle all this. Whipped the floor with them. Got Aaron kicked from the top.

Dawn: Really? Well then...that's certainly something.

Ethan: Just a little thing.

Ethan flexed a little, showing off his biceps. You glared a bit. He laughed and placed his hands on his hips.

Ethan: Just messing with you guys. It is good to see you again, Dawn.

Dawn smiled and walked back to her seat.

Dawn: Still didn't answer my question. To which you can answer over lunch.

You spun your head back to Dawn. You were taken aback completely by her offer. You wanted to say something, but Ethan walked past you and sat down across from Dawn.

Ethan: Don't mind if I do. Now then, I'm out here handling some research for Rowan.

Dawn: You too?

Ethan: Really? You still work in the lab for him?

Dawn: On the occasion.

You zoned them out. You didn't really have a spot to sit down. Well...you did. It just was the fact you didn't want to. You just sat down beside Torterra and Buziel, playing around with some toys and trying to get your new pokemon close to your old. It was relatively easy, all things considered too. Torterra retained his fun-loving nature. Enough to the point where he was able to blond quickly with the introverted Buziel.

The entire time you saw the two bond, you could hear Dawn and Ethan. You only picked up bits and pieces to their conversation. What it was truly about remained a mystery to you. Did you care? A little bit. It didn't help much that the jealousy behind it was getting to you more and more. Was there even a reason for it? Not really...no. Not at all. But it wasn't much you could do. Well, there was. You could go over there and punch the dude in the face. But...no. That would ruin your relationship. Would it?