𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

Start from the beginning

Gavriel led Brielle through the room and to the table Maeve's inner circle of warriors all sat, Anyone watching from around the room pretended not to notice as the female moved with such a predatory gate while glowering over her shoulder at Cairn, who continued to stare and smile after her, despite being visible paler in the face, Fenrys felt someone kicked him under the table, Vaughan was looking at him with his brow arched upwards into his hairline, 

"You're growling" Vaughan muttered quickly looking back down at his plate, Lorcan at his side didn't seemed fazed at all by the conversation, he was simply a presence at their table. Despite his constant sour expression and dull demeanour, Lorcan, much like the rest of the Cadre had all agreed to keep Fenrys and Brielle's truth from Maeve, and like a united front they had managed to for many years. Ever since Brielle was brought in as the final member of their group and they started to get used to each others presence. In other words since they had both accepted the fact they were mates.

"What did he say to you?" Gavriel asked when Brielle sat down in the chair between him and Fenrys, Brielle sighed pondering her brothers question for a second longer then necessary, causing those at the table to look at her, Fenrys too was watching her, but for a different reason to those with them, he couldn't help but just stare, taking in everything about her that was there to take in,  she shared a lot of features with her brother, golden hair that fell down in a loose braid to her shoulders, tan skin and the same tawny-orange eyes.

A muscle at the side of her mouth twitch slightly, the movement so subtle Fenrys believed he was the only one to notice, and not just because he was looking to her lips, "I don't know, he wasn't important enough to gain my attention in the first place" gruff, deep heavy laughs were the responses to her words, she smiled at those around her, looking to each of them. A question danced on her features and she looked about to ask it when Connall spoke up from the other side of Fenrys, 

"How was the mission?" the darkening of her expression wasn't missed by a single male at that table and in that moment if she had asked, Fenrys would have ripped the world to shreds for her with his bare hands. Her tawny-orange eyes lost a little bit of their wonderous glow ever time Fenrys saw her after the tasks Maeve sent her one. Often those nights when the two of them would slip away, Fenrys would lay with Brielle in his arms and envision ripping Maeve's head clean off from her shoulders. 

"I don't want to go into detail, but I got the information for her majesty if that's what you want to know" Connall went as silent as the wind on a summer breeze at her response, they all knew the price Brielle paid every time she gained that information.

It was the reason Maeve added her to their group, where she would use the males as brute strength and power she used Brielle as another tactic to get what she wanted, wielding the blood oath to force the female into using her body in anyway Maeve saw fit to get what she needed. Besides Brielle's other title, Lioness of Doranelle, in stories whispered around campfires and song sung amongst soldiers she was also known as the Seductress of the North.

Fenrys could still remember sitting up with Brielle the first few times she came back from her tasks, unable to sleep and clutching a metal bucket tightly to her chest.  He clenched a fist atop his thigh as he recalled the countless moments and hours awake with her in the middle of the night. Brielle still silent, nudged her legs against his under the cover of their table a silent comfort they had shared many times before.

"Where's Rowan?" she asked quickly, thanking a Fae soldier as they dropped a plate off at the table in front of her. 

Fenrys shifted in his seat, looking to the other members around him. She didn't know. How could she? She had been away. Though it was a shock to them all that the news had not managed to get to her until now.