3

Aima wiped her tears and looked at herself in the mirror, "I look so pathetic, I shouldn't be this weak! I'm ready to face it all" she encouraged herself but the next moment she saw a face appearing in the mirror, she turned towards him.

Dressed as the groom, how did he get here and why is he in this attire? She had many questions running through her mind. She recalled Zamir's words, and looked at him in disbelief, 'so I was right about him, he's not a good person!'

"What are you doing here? Why are you in this groom's attire?" She asked, "because I'm your groom-" he spoke in a husky tone.

" aap bhi inn logo kay tarha hein, mein apko accha samajhti thi par aap toh-" he placed a finger on her lips as she sobbed,

(You're also like them, I thought you'd be a good person but you-")

He hated the fact that she misunderstood him, "Mein tumhein yahan se ley'jaaney aya hoon" he wiped the tear that just rolled down her cheek.

(I came here to take you with me)

"Fikar na karo janan, mein tumhein yaha se lejaunga, izzat se" he assured her. She jerked away his hand and glared at him, "you're here to help me by marrying me,after paying my grandfather a hefty amount, what makes you different from them, then?" She spat.

(Don't worry Janan, I've come to take you away from here, with respect)

"Basically they're selling me to you, I'm not a thing to be brought and sold!" She yelled at him, her tears hurt him and so did her words.

"I just paid back the money they spent on you, I don't want them to come back one day and ask you for favors saying that they had spent money on you and brought you up. You'll leave from this place as my wife, my better half" he said.

His words  were meant to comfort her, assure her that she'd be safe with him but no, she didn't even want to see his shadow. She felt anger and hatred, towards her family and a little bit for Mahir.

"Aima Wajahat bint a Haris Wajahat, kya apko Mahir Naqvi wald a Nauman Naqvi se 10 lakh haq mehr ye nikkah qabool hai?"

(Aima Wajahat, daughter of Haris Wajahat, do you accept this marriage with Mahir Naqvi son of Nauman Naqvi with an amount of  ten lakh as haq mehr)

"Qubool hai" she said for the third time controlling her tears. He promised her that he'd take her away from here but what if he was a bad person. One like her father and grandfather.

(I do)

"Mujhe khala ami se akhri baar milne dein" she pleaded her father.

(Let me meet aunt for the last time)

Her father agreed and let her meet her aunt, She saw her aunt laying on the bed, bruised up. "Khala ami, mujhe maaf krden meri wajah se apko itna kuch jhelna para" she sobbed.

(Aunt, forgive me, because of me you had to endure all this torture)

"No my child don't cry, I'm fine you're ami isn't that weak." she tried to calm Aima.

"Baba bohot burey hein unhein apke aisa nhi honey dena chahiye tha" she said.

(Baba is very bad, he shouldn't have let them do this with you)

"Nahi baccha, aisa nai bolo. Haris burey nahi hai, unki wajah se hi mujhe kam saza mili hai warna abba toh mujhe jaan se hi maar dete. Mein bohot khush hoon ke tum yaha se azaad ho rahi ho" she patted her head.

(No my child, don't say that. Haris isn't bad, because of him my punishment has been reduced otherwise dad would've killed me. I'm  very happy that you're free from here)