A DAY OF REST

Saturday, a day of rest. 'Actually, Sunday is technically the day of rest,' would be what Dustin would've said to Stevie if she wasn't laid with the covers over her head and had her hand hanging off of the side of her bed. Yesterday had gone a little longer than planned, making her already horrible sleep schedule even further from being fixed.

On the ride back home Dustin kept pestering her about why she'd stayed back in the meeting room, to which she'd hesitantly answered 'I couldn't find my keys'. Dustin wasn't stupid, he knew Stevie liked to keep things in order when she would leave the house, but he didn't dare ask anymore questions considering the bothered look on her face when she'd gotten into the car.

The sound of her alarm loudly blared a few times until she'd reached over to press the button on the top of the red reminder, knocking a chapstick off her bedside table in the process.

With a groan, Stevie stood, balancing herself from the sudden change and using her dresser to help. Clad in blue pajama pants and a basic tee, the blonde trudged out her door, grasping the railing by the stairs whilst she carefully walked down the wooden steps. What time is it? It had to be around noon by now, the birds weren't chirping like they would if it was the morning time. Once reaching the bottom of the stairs, she turned the corner, walking straight into the kitchen and quickly opening the fridge as if she was a starved lion with a feast of vulnerable zebras.

Her tongue grazed over her lips once she'd eyed the eggs, hand shooting out to grab them and place them next to the stove where a pan luckily already resided. Being the absolutely perfect sister she was, the girl shouted loud enough to be heard from upstairs, "Dustin! Do you want any eggs?" No response. "Dustin?" She shouted once more, stepping away from the stove and to the bottom of the stair steps.

The loud meow of Mews caused Stevie to jump and grasp the fabric laid over her heart, "What're you doing, Mew?" She questioned to the cat, waiting for an answer while knowing well that she wouldn't get one. She walked over to the tabby sat by the window, watching as her brother walked up to a mysterious white van. Immediately no.

"Dustin, hey- Dustin!" She yelped from the porch, hands around her mouth to add volume to her words. He turned around wide eyed, groaning and throwing up his hands to ask her what she needed. She stumbled over through the grass, stopping about three feet from her brother.

"Where are you going? Where's mom?" "I'm just hanging out with some friends, she's- Did you just wake up?" Her brows burrowed, digging deep into the pockets of her eyes. "Um.. Yeah?" "Yeah, you look like it." "Shut up, if I called mom and told her you were setting yourself up to be stolen and sold by some freak in a white van do you think she'd let you go?" A honk coming from said van startled the siblings, making both of them turn to face the vehicle.

"Hurry up, Henderson! You're gonna miss the best part!" The music blasting from the car got impossibly louder, showing the two what the man meant by 'best part'. "Seriously? Is he your boyfriend or something? Why don't you ever hangout with Steve anymore?" "Steve's too busy handing out VHS tapes and picking up girls. Eddie's cool too, if you got to know him." "Oh I know him," Stevie chuckled at her own joke, which only confused the boy considering her and Eddie had only just met in his mind.

"Okay, have fun," She wasn't a monster, if hanging out with Munson made Dustin happy, so be it, "What time will you be back, at least?" "Maybe two?" She nodded and gave a smile, showing him she was glad he had somebody who made him joyful to hangout with.

Watching the van leave was like watching your kid's bus leave with them in it, except.. Not really, like, at all. Yet there was something so gloomy about sibling separation, to her at least. Maybe she despised Eddie so much because she felt as if he was stealing Dustin from her, like maybe she was less of a sister than Eddie was a brother.