Prologue

Imhotep's POV

The Pharaoh Seti I had just told me I must watch my lover Zahra die to prove my loyalty, but my lover is his granddaughter on her mother's side and is pregnant with our baby. On top of this, I'm not allowed to cry during her execution or her mummification process and I can't take my eyes off her. Nefertiri her mother, has convinced her father to allow me to say our goodbyes and spend one last night together. I saw her standing on the window about to jump. "My love, what are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm sorry my love but I have to do this," she said. She then
jumped but I grabbed her and attempted pulling her up, but she was slipping. "I don't want them to hurt our baby... and I know he will never allow us to be buried together," she began to cry. I pulled her up and wrapped my arm around her.
"I told my priest that when I die I don't care who they kill. I want to be laid to rest next to you and our baby and I want the baby to be buried with you," I said, tearing up and holding her tightly. We kissed and began to make love and fell asleep beside each other. It felt so good being close to her, that was until I woke up. I woke up drenched in her blood and her throat was slit, I began to scream for help. I lifted our blanket and found our baby who was dead. She was a beautiful baby girl. I held them both close to me and all I could do was weep from the heartbreak. Nefertiri then walked in then wiped my tears, but I couldn't stop crying. It hurt too much. She and the guards then went to take them, but I couldn't give them up. "Please I need more time with them just a little longer," I cried. They took them anyway, I crawled to them trying to get to be with them longer. "Please Nefertiri I barely got to hold my daughter please let me have more time with them so I can at least feel what it's like to be a father...Please," I begged. She then left with Zahra, locking the door. I banged on the door and tried to open it, I screamed for them to bring them back."If I can't hold them a little longer please bury them together," I cried. I was going mad, I was like a beast locked in a cage. I soon saw something on my desk. It was a doll of Taurt and a letter. The letter was from Zahra, this doll was for our daughter. I couldn't help but lie on my floor and cry while holding my daughter's doll, it felt like I was holding them.

*Timeskip*

3 months have gone by and I still miss them and I couldn't
take the pain, I needed to hold them. I snuck out of the castle and went into their tomb... I opened the sarcophagus where I saw her and my daughter. I crawled in it and held them close, our daughter was lying against our chests. I was so happy holding them it felt so good. I soon fell asleep only to be woken by Seti's bodyguards dragging me out of the sarcophagus. I squirmed and fought to be freed so I could hold them a little longer, I saw them get a pot of flammable oil. I forgot my daughter's doll in the sarcophagus. "NO!.. PLEASE MY DAUGHTER'S DOLL IS IN THERE PLEASE LET ME GET IT!.. PLEASE!.. PLEASE!.. PLEASE!.. PLEASE!.. I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE," I broke down. One of the guards went to hand me the doll and then pulled it away throwing it in the lit fire. "NOOO MY BABIES MY Aaru! NO I NEED IT TO SLEEP TO FEEL GOOD AND BE AT PEACE!" I cried out. I broke down into the guards arms, and dragged me and threw me into my room locking the door. "My babies... I miss you my babies," I screamed banging on my door. Multiple hours passed and I finally went to bed... I inhaled Zahra's side of the bed and it still smelled like her I then took Zahra's letter and slept with it crying

Many years later

I was sentenced to the homdai for opening the book of the dead to try and resurrect Anuk Sonamoon after finding out she was the one that killed Zahra, after I resurrected her I was going to kill her so I can avenge Zahra and my daughter. I tried to resurrect Zahra but my resurrection of Zahra failed, And I was now forever alone and broken... They were about to cut out my tongue when I saw them killing all of my priests but as soon as I saw all of them being killed I remembered my promise to Zahra... that my priests would bury me with her. I held on to the letter for dear life. I couldn't bear to lose the last piece I had of Zahra, I cried. "Any last words," the guards said.
" Zahra I love you and our daughter... Can I please be buried with her and our daughter, I promised her... Please," I said on the brink of tears.
" No... you have that letter, unless You burn it in exchange to lie with her," he said
" Fine," I cried. I was the happiest man in the world. Now I'm going to lay beside them forever. He then burnt the letter and removed my tongue, but he didn't bury me with her. I broke down screaming from the heart break, they then put the scarabs in my coffin and began to eat my flesh... I closed my eyes and pictured Zahra holding our daughter in my head. Then I thought, I was finally going to be with them...

*Aaru*

I saw Zahra holding our daughter singing her a lullaby, I screamed her name but she didn't answer. I ran to them but the barrier threw me back, but she saw me then walked to me... "my love, why can't I enter... why can't I join you," I was on the brink of tears again. I couldn't get through and all I wanted was to hold them in my arms again.
"The gods are angry at your betrayal... They say you are not worthy to enter the afterlife because of your sin, I'm sorry my love," she said. I fell to my knees and begged the gods for forgiveness, I needed to be with them. "My love, they are letting us say goodbye to each other... Before you go to Duat to get punished for your sins," she said, now crying. I began to cry, I tried pushing through but still I couldn't enter.
"NO!.. THEY TOOK YOU AWAY FROM ME!.. WE DIDN'T
EVEN NAME OUR DAUGHTER!.. I'M NOT BURIED WITH YOU AND OUR DAUGHTER!.. EVERYTHING THAT I HAD OF YOU WAS TAKEN FROM ME!.. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT AND OUR DAUGHTER ANY MORE!.. THIS ISN'T PUNISHMENT IT'S TORTURE!.. PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU LET ME BE WITH THEM!.. LET ME HOLD THEM PLEASE, LET ME BE WITH THEM! I'M SORRY I WANTED TO PUNISH HER FOR KILLING MY LOVER AND OUR DAUGHTER!!! I'M SORRY!" I screamed in agony. I was then dragged away, and thrown into darkness. "NO!!! PLEASE LET ME BE WITH THEM!!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!! I'M SORRY FOR ALL I HAVE DONE I JUST WANTED TO BE WITH THEM!!! PLEASE I LOVE THEM MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME BE WITH THEM!!! I'm begging you please let me be with them," I cried.
"My love, stop fighting please," Zahra cried. I couldn't stop.
I needed them... I needed to fight to be with them. I began to cry.
" I can't love, please... I need to be with you and our baby,I
cried. "Please I can't take being without you both anymore... I can't please my love. I won't be able to see you in the next life, for my sins I can never see you again... please my love," I cried.
"We will see you again. I love you with all my heart,"she
said.
"And I love you," I sobbed. Then it was silent... I couldn't
stop crying, I was alone but then I saw Zahra. I saw Anuk Sonamoon kill her then cut out my daughter only to strangle her with her birth cord. I screamed and ran to them and held their bodies to me only for them to disappear. I then saw them be killed again, at that moment I realized what my punishment was. I was to watch my lover and daughter die and not be able to save them... I wasn't even able to hold them. I began to go mad crying while curling up in a ball, and I began to rock myself. I begged for the gods to stop playing this memory, I tried to claw my eyes out all I could do was cry. My greatest treasures are gone...