𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 : 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕃𝕀𝕋𝕋𝕃𝔼 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

Start from the beginning

A devilish grin took form as Kotei flinched at her sister's scary face.“Oh, Tobio, you think you can outsmart me? How wrong you are,” she muttered to herself, getting up. Picking up the keys, she ushered the little girl behind her.“ Come, Ko-chan, your intelligent and beautiful nee-san has it all sorted out.”

“ Kay...?”

At Karasuno gym...

“ Is that okay ?”

“ Of course. We don't mind at all. It'll be a pleasure to help,” Kiyoko bowed, holding Kotei by her small hand. The latter was staring at the beauty beside her, her eyes wide in awe. Gradually, she took in her surroundings with utter curiosity. This is where her brother goes to fill his empty brain with junk ? Looks pretty cool ! She grinned. This looks nice.

“ Thank you so much. I'll be in your debt. Bye Kotei, be sure to behave at all times. I don't wanna hear complaints.” Miwa smiled, waving at the girl who waved back, happily. Kageyama's face twitched in annoyance when he met eyes with the older, a taunting smirk across her face.“ Bye Tobio. Do look after your sister, okay ?” Turning on her heels, she rushed out of the gates to catch the next train.

“ Woah ! You didn't say you had an older sister and a younger one,” Hinata said staring at the little raven haired girl.

“ It's none of your business.” Kageyama grumbled, going back inside to a call from Coach Ukai. Hinata, sparing a last glance at the kid, followed.

A whistle and the squeaking of shoes and balls filled the entire gym.

“ You wanna see your brother play ?” Kiyoko asked smiling at the thrilled girl who had to shield her eyes from the beauty of her smile. But nodded, nevertheless.“ Then let's do that, shall we?”

“ Yay !” Kotei cheered and ran inside the gym.

“ Yachi ?”

“ H-hai !” The blonde saluted nervously as Kiyoko giggled at the display.

“ Can you keep an eye on Kotei here for a while ? I'll just bring her something from the vending machine.”

“ S-sure ! Leave it to me,” and with awkward, robotic steps Yachi proceeded towards the gym. Kiyoko shook her head, smiling at her antiques.

I’ll miss this.

Not minding much she went to the nearby vending machine to get the child something good.

“ Nice serve !”

“ Spike the ball when I toss it to you, idiot!”

“ But it was too high !”

“ Then match with me, Hinata boke !”

Kotei looked in fascination at all the players on the court. It was so nice to watch them. She wanted to see her brother spike but he went on giving tosses. She loved spikes for some reason. It created a dramatic effect with the audience.

“ What's your name ?” Kotei asked looking beside her at the nervous blonde.

“ Eh ?” Yachi looked left and right before pointing at herself.“ Me ?” Kotei nodded. Yachi was anxious. Yes, she had social anxiety. But it grew worse around kids.“ Yachi Hitoka,” she said smiling, shyly.

Kotei nodded staring into her soul shoving the lollipop back into her mouth. Then suddenly she remembered something. It's rude to ask someone's name without identifying yourself.“ Kotei is Kageyama Kotei. And Kotei doesn't know her age,” she declared proudly, hands on her hips.

“ I see,” Yachi smiled, awkwardly.“ Oh look your brother will be spiking, next.”

“ Really ?” Kotei's face lit up as she threw the lollipop in excitement (fortunately Yachi caught it) and cheered for her brother.“ Go, go, nii-chan ! Yay !” She jumped on the benches as Yachi extended her arms out to calm her down.