Chapter 10: Number

"Venti!" Zhongli had to yell over all the people speaking.

"WHAT?!?! I mean, yes?" Venti looked up to the one recognizable voice that called for him.

"He's here," Zhongli pointed towards the classroom door.

"Oh!" Venti smiled and rushed outside.

————————————————

Just a few minutes ago...

Xiao poked inside the classroom in front of him like a little cat.

"Ugh," He groaned, "It's so busy... and loud."

Of course it was! I mean, they were preparing for a cultural festival! The students at Teyvat Highschool were pumped more than ever for this special event.

Xiao, on the other hand, didn't care much since he'd rather do the shopping than the performing. Just like any other festival, actually.

"But still..." Is it such big of a deal that the entire classroom was surrounding Venti, Ei, and Zhongli?!?!

Xiao could feel his energy levels draining every second just imagining trying to move through the crowd.

"Ei! Will you be attending the sparring matches, once again this year?" One of the female students a part of the Newspaper Club, asked energetically, "Do you think you'll win?? Or will you be beaten by the new, upcoming martial arts star, Kazuha, or maybe his mysterious friend who has bravery like none other?"

A 2nd year student, Kujou Sara, who seemed to always be by Ei's side like a apprentice or admirer, stepped up after seeing Ei's flustered look, "She doesn't need to answer that. Time will tell, anyway."

Discouraged by the sturdy and strict Sara, the Newspaper Club member backed off.

"Oh Zhongli, will you be selling those limited edition type history books, the ones that are foretold to have helped students gain 'extraordinary' history marks??" A frantic nerdy type student asked.

"Apologies, but I won't this year." Zhongli said, "It's upsetting for this to be the case during my final year, but there are always other resources at hand for history."

The poor boy looked like all hope was lost, and was heard muttering... "M-my marks..."

Another student stepped up, curious and asked, "But why? They sold amazingly last year!"

Zhongli coughed.

"Ahem, I ran out of... budget."

"Ah."

With that, the students backed off with a strange understanding look on their faces.

Now that some of the students were leaving, Xiao took the chance and started waving his arms as high as his short build could go.

Suddenly, he spotted Zhongli look his way quite pitifully, and called for Venti who was equally as crowded as Ei.

There's no way Venti will be able to get out of that crowd before class starts... Xiao said to himself.

Venti smiled and winked his eye at Xiao's way. A short, 'Don't worry!' look!

"Ahem, ahem!" Venti cleared his throat loud enough for the entire room and 2 halls behind to hear, "Ladies, and gentlemen!"

All eyes were on him, even Xiao was curious on what he was going to do.

"I have received, some, most unfortunate news!" Venti sobbed.