Chap 8

It was the usual chilly October morning. My hands were stuffed inside my coat pockets in fists and I stood at Tobias's porch. I peaked through the garage window and saw Marcus's black car parked in it. I was hoping Tobias didn't go to the bus yet.

I knock on the door again and I got the same response. Nothing.
Gritting my teeth I ring the door bell repeatedly. Finally,because I was raised by a Prior, I kicked the door. After a few seconds of me wildly kicking it, the door opened. I regained by composure and kept a straight face.

Marcus was standing behind the door. His grey hair stood out in certain places and his eyes were dimmed. I cleared my throat and he opened the door a little wider.
"Hey Tris" he says.
I didn't need a telescope to see that he was pretty annoyed.

He was wearing a long sleeved grey shirt that was rolled up to his elbows. He smiled a little and I waved.
"Hi Mr.Eaton, I was just wondering is Tobias is here"

I knew something is wrong the minute these words left my mouth. Marcus's grey eyes stormed and he moves his body so I can't see inside the house.
"He's not here, dear"
His voice was odd, almost monotone.

I grab my backpack tighter and I scratch the back of my neck.
"Well-uh, if he comes back can you tell him Tris was here?"

Marcus shakes his head and gives me a smile. If doesn't reach his eyes and his eyes shift in different places to avoid looking at me.
"Sure" he says and I wave.

He waves back and closes the door quickly. I stand there staring at the white door. I look done and realize I was tightly pinching the hem of my shirt.

Something was definitely wrong.

I look around their house until an idea popped into my head. I run to the side of the house to be greeted by a fence separating me from their backyard.
Thanks to the years of Caleb and I wrestling for the remote, I had enough strength to push myself up the fence.

I was on top of it and before I realize it, I fell. My elbow hit the cement ground and it spiked my arm in pain.
"Fuck" I mutter.

I get up and brush the dirt on my pants. I was finally inside their backyard. It was a decent sized garden with a few plants surround it. Facing the garden was a large glass window and a patio.

My eyes catch the glass window and I duck under one of the chairs settled in the patio. If I'm caught, I'm so screwed.

I spot Marcus inside the house. He held a glass of water and gulped it down. Then I watch him as he holds a shirt and carelessly throws it at a lump on the couch. He heads upstairs and I stare at the figure on the couch.

I crawl across the Patio so my head was inches away from the glass window. I focus on Tobias. The shirt was dangling off the couch and Tobias was sitting on his stomach. His back was red all over, some area's more red than others. His upper back had a few bruises and I cringe.

So what he said about Marcus, was true.

I hesitantly tap the window. Tobias's head was facing away from me. His head finally moves to look at me and my heart instantly sinked. Aside from a few scratches one of his eyes were swollen shut. I swallow the metallic taste in my mouth and I tapped the window again.

When he saw me his one good eye widens. He looked tired and pained, I bite my lip and open my backpack. I shuffle through it until I find a paper. Getting a marker I write in bold letters.

SNEAK OUT OF THE HOUSE AT 1:00 AM. MEET ME AT THE PARK.

I held it up and Tobias read it lazily. He finally gave me half a nod and slumped back into the couch. Despite how much I wanted to stay here and take care of him, I knew I had to go to school. I gather everything and put it back in my bag before waving at Tobias.

I open the fence again and close it quietly. I pass the bus stop that Tobias usually waits at and kept walking to school. Once I finally reached the building I take my sleeve and wipe the tears I didn't know I had.

____

When I reached the Office, they spotted my red face and didn't question it. Instead they gave me a late slip and I sprinted to Math.

I click my pen and stare at my notebook. All I can focus on is Tobias's face. A million thought were swarming my head and all of them involved him. Maybe that's why he was so positive about marriage. If we get married he's going to escape the pain he has to deal with.

"Tris!"
I snap my head to my teacher. He was a Middle Aged man with a bad attitude.

"Yes Mr. Bark" I say.

"Since you were so busy day dreaming in my class" he steps out of my way so I could see the board "do you mind telling us the answer for question five"

I look up and saw a lot of numbers. My mind went blank at the formulas. My silence seemed to have satisfied his ego because he smiled.
"Good, now maybe you should focus on the board more than your teenage mind"

"May I please use the washroom" I ask.

He rolled his eyes but nodded. I got out of my seat and went out. After I came back from the Washroom I walked through the empty halls back to math.
I was stopped my three figures in the hallway passing a ball. I instantly knew it was Eric , Peter, and Drew, they are the only one's who would have the motives to skip class to play ball.

I take a deep breath and kept my head low as I pass them.
"Yo Prior!"

I mentally groaned but looked at Peter. He was holding the ball and he was grinning. Eric was beside him and I tried not to make eye contact. I haven't talked to any of them since the party.

"What do you want" I spit out.

Peter smirked.
"So now since your done with Eric. When is it my turn?"

Eric chuckled and my mouth was wide open. Before I had time to think about what I was doing, I tackled Peter.

___A/N
Hope you enjoyed!
Hey guys I also wanted to tell you that something sad has happened in the Wattpad community. So a user that goes by the name of leoandfox has cancelled his Wattpad because of the hate. He used to write sibling stories and I was just so sad that he had to end his stories like this. In fact one of his stories almost hit one million and I was reading it when it only had a couple of hundred views. It's so sad that there is hate because he could have had the opportunity to be a great writer. He's actually going through depression and I just felt really bad.

--I just wanted to say this for Leo.