Part 26

1 month later

Meredith has been with Jacob for a month now. McKenna has gotten used to the fact that he's always there. She isn't as shy as she was a month ago, but sometimes she can be.

"Can you take McKenna to the park or something. I'm not feeling great, and she hasn't been out in a while." Meredith asked Jacob from the couch.

"Of course. I'll pick you up some food on the way home." He sat next to her on the couch and gave her a kiss.

"I'll see you later love." Meredith layed down on the couch and slowly fell asleep.

Jacob got McKenna ready and they headed out the door.

When they arrived at the park McKenna was holding his hand while they were walking.

"Can you push me on the swings?" She looked up at him.

"Of course sweetie. We can get ice cream after if you want." McKenna's eyes lit up.

"ICE CREAM" she ran off to the park and stood near the swing. He picked her up and sat her in it.

" how high do you want to go?"

"HIGH" he pushed her on the swing for a bit before she got bored of it.

"I wanna go sit by the lake." She said trying to get out the swing.

Jacob picked her up and carried her over to a bench by the lake.

McKenna sat on his lap looking out at the lake. She rested her head against him.

"You tired?"

"No, I just wike sitting at park. But I am cold." Jacob wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head.

"Fank you." After a while she slowly fell asleep.

Jacob was about to stand up when Andrew sat next to them.

"Why do you have my daughter." He asked a bit harshly.

"Meredith asked me to take her to the park, so here I am." He stroked her hair gently.

"So she's been living with you?" Andrew was very mad at this point.

"She has. Now I'm going to go." He carefully stood up trying not to wake McKenna.

"She'll never love you!" Andrew said before walking away.

McKenna woke up suddenly to the noise.

"Dada." She buried her head into his neck.

"Let's go get some food for mommy okay?"
McKenna nodded and they went to a store.

When they got home Meredith was awake watching tv.

"Hey sweetie, how was the park?" McKenna snuggled into her.

"It was fun! Dada pushed me on the swing!" Meredith looked over at Jacob and he shrugged.

"What did you call Jacob?" She asked McKenna.

"Dada. A-am I in trouble?.." her eyes started to water.

"No of course not. There's been something that we need to tell you."

"What is it mommy?" She sat on her lap facing her while Jacob sat next to Meredith.

"So you know that we left dada a while ago?" McKenna nodded.

"He's not your real dad. He's your legal guardian but not your birth dad."

"Then who is my dada?"

"I am sweetie." Jacob said.
McKenna looked between the both of them confused.

"Otay." He stood up and hugged them both.

"I didn't really look like dada Andrew anyway." She walked off.

"Well that went easier than I thought." Meredith cuddled into Jacob's side.

"I love you mer."

The end

Thank you so much for reading this story! It means so much to me
I will do an epilogue thingy but after my new story ! Leave suggestions for the epilogue pleaseeee lol