Part 18

"I should get going." Meredith stood up and headed towards the door.

"You could stay." Jacob held her hand gently.

"No. I need to go." She pulled her hand away and went outside.

"Thank you for letting me stay here. I won't be coming back anytime soon." She added.

She got in her car and drove back home. She needed to talk to Andrew about this and she missed McKenna.

Back home she stood outside her door just standing. She heard McKenna's giggles through the door and smiled.

She decided to go in.

She opened the door and Andrew was tickling McKenna.

"Hey Kenna." McKenna ran over to her and hugged her.

"MOMMY YOUR HOME!" Meredith hugged her back and picked her up.

"I'm sorry I was gone sweetie. Could you go to your room while I speak to dada please." She puts her down and McKenna runs to her room.

Andrew was sat on the couch just looking at the door.

"I'm sorry Andrew. I shouldn't have walked out, I was just scared." She sat down next to him and kissed his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Do you love me?" He asked.

Meredith just sat there shocked. "Of course I do. Why would you say that."

"You don't seem to want our baby, but you seemed pretty happy to keep another man's baby." Andrew didn't move from the couch all he did was stare.

"I just don't think we could cope with another baby so soon. We're both still young." She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Ok. I'm sorry. How about we get a puppy?" He wrapped his arms around her and she snuggled into him.

"A puppy? Really?" Her eyes lit up as she kissed him.

"We'll take McKenna to a shelter and we can let her pick one." Meredith hugged him and smiled widely.

"McKenna! Sweetie come out her please." Mckenna came running out and jumped on the couch.

"What is it mommy?" She sat in her lap and looked up at her.

"Do you want to get a puppy?"

"A PUPPY!" She stood up on Meredith's legs and looked between her and Andrew.

"Yes sweetie. We are going to a shelter and you can pick one out." Mckenna hugged her parents and kissed their noses.