10. The Luck of The Donovan's

Start from the beginning

"Come in." The second Brie breathed the last word Klaus was already in the room knelt in front of the two sisters.

Klaus diagnosed. "She has a anatomical airway obstruction."

"English Klaus."

"Her airways are blocked. My blood won't help." Klaus announced the savage truth. Before Brie could even engulf the words that were thrown at her Klaus buried his arms under Vicki's lifeless body picking her up making sure to support her head from flopping.

"Can you drive?"

"Barely."

"Grab the keys out of my pocket."

___________________

With Brie's manic driving they made it somewhat safely to the hospital where the doctors rushed Vicki away on a stretcher. Leaving Brie and Klaus alone.

Standing at the entrance of the hospital words wouldn't be enough to describe the solemn atmosphere that could be sensed through the entire building. Brie hated hospitals. Who doesn't. She has been in them so much due to her mother that every minute she spent there was another minute she wouldn't forget.

Not one of them breathed let along spoke a word until klaus suggested he parked the car while Brie found out what floor Vicki was taken on. Which she nodded agreeing it was the best idea for that particular time.

Klaus soon returned and that left himself and Brie waiting for the cause of the tragedy. Although vampire blood couldn't save her thanks to Klaus they arrived at the hospital before her condition could deteriorate further. Still though no one knew the details of her condition. No one knew if she was even still alive.

It was when Brie remembered something while pacing back and forth across the walls of the waiting room; "I need to call Matt. I need to call my mum. Wherever she is." Brie panicked her voice growing with exhaustion the more she continued.

Klaus now stood from one of the connected row of seats he was sat on. Klaus interrupted,"Brie." But she was too indulged in her worrying thoughts to hear.

"If I text Jeremy I'll have to text Elena. Maybe I should tell Stefan?"

"Brielle!" This time she heard. Brie stopped her pacing when Klaus held his hands to her shoulders keeping her in one position.

"I'm sorry." Brie sighed. "Mum was meant to be with her and seeing Vicki like that it just-"

Klaus reassured her before she could dig deeper in the hole of what ifs she was claiming. "She'll be ok."

"Will she though? Because it feels like all of it's happening to me for a reason. Have I done something wrong with her?" She cried softly that her voice broke in almost tears. Her faces was already red and her eyes puffy from where she cried previously.

She hated crying in front of people. Matt always told her she was a baby if she asked for help. So she would suffer in silence. She adjusted to that lifestyle. She became the happy friend. The never sad friend. The "therapist". Brie was always there for whoever even when they weren't.

Dismally, brie fell to the seat below her. Her head falling to her hands. Klaus sat next to her. "If you don't mind I'd like to stay with you. Until someone who can support you arrives."