"They're buttons. They have to do something."

Melanie snorted, "Doesn't work like that."

"Yeah, if we had a keycard."

"A what?"

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning—"

Dustin groaned realizing, "We're stuck in here."

Robin sighed, "Yeah." Steve closed the little door to the buttons in anger, annoyed.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat."

Steve put his hands on one of the boxes in anger, "I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!"

Dustin cleared his throat, "Hey. What if we climbed out?"

After Steve and Dustin found out the climbing is physically not possible they went back in deciding to sleep and try again in the morning.

The next morning Dustin was on top of the elevator trying to get a signal, "Code red, I repeat, code red. Does anyone copy? This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. Does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt Mall. The Red Army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us."

Steve climbed up, "Hey. Gotta take it easy on that thing. Gonna drain the battery."

"The mall just opened."

"So?"

"So someone could be in range."

"What do you think, Petey the Mall Cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?"

"All right, why are you such a cranky pants after getting to spend the night with Melanie?"

"Shh! Jesus Christ. Will you just stop snooping around in my relationship?"

Dustin gave him a smirk, "I heard you guys talking all night."

"We were trying to figure out a way to open up the door while you children were sleeping. After eight hours, we're still exactly nowhere, which is, you know, probably just a little bit of the reason why I'm feeling just... a tad cranky."

Steve starts unzipping his pants making Dustin look confused, "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking a leak. Look away. Look away!"

Inside the elevator Robin points to Steve's piss in disgust. Melanie is sitting on the floor; her face is turning white as she hasn't fed on human blood for a while she scoffs seeing the pee, "Can you redirect your stream, please?"

Steve redirects it like asked making both girls gag, "Ugh."

Melanie was really good with controlling her blood lust, but if you're trapped for over a day with only humans it's getting a bit difficult.