Chapter 2 - The Chaotic Encounter

Kanina pa nakatitig si Noah sa marriage certificate ni Victoria. It's really true. It has his name on it!

"So? Anong pwede ikaso sa kaniya—I mean, sayo? You married me without my consent! " Mataray nitong sagot.

Napantig ang tainga ni Noah. "Teka lang. Sandali lang po. Hindi ko rin naman po alam na kasal ako and you can't sue me. Legal ang dokumentong ito. It means we are legally husband and wife. Maliban nalang kung i-a-annul natin ang kasal."

Victoria's eyes widen with glint. "That's it! You're smart. Ipa-annul natin ang kasal."

Napangiwi si Noah. "Ngayon na? I'm working..."

"No! Ngayon na. I want it now. I want to annul our marriage right now." Giit nito.

Noah breathed heavily before standing up. "The marriage certificate was a civil one. We need to visit the same office who approved our marriage." Ani Noah.

Victoria rolled her eyes. "Let's go." Bumaling ito kay Aqua. "Tell the driver to ready our car."

Aqua nodded and left the office. When Victoria turned to face Noah, masamang tingin ang pinukol nito.

"What?" Noah asked.

"Alam mo bang hindi ako tinatanggap sa trabaho dahil sayo? Why did you marry me? I don't even know you." She scoffed.

"I don't know you either—"

"Say that again?" Victoria asked.

Pasimpleng hinawakan ni Noah ang librong patungkol sa mathematics. "I said, I don't know you."

"Unbelievable! You don't know me? I'm Victoria Danica Salvador. The most famous model in Asia."

Noah furrowed his eyebrows then he opened the book to read. "If you're famous, bakit hindi kita kilala?" He asked while reading. He needs to calm down.

Just facing a stranger alone gives him anxiety.

"Seriously? Tagabundok ka ba?—and why are you reading a book while talking to me? That's being disrespectful."

He ignored his "wife" and continued reading the book. Sakto namang pumasok si Aqua at the same time ay pumasok din si Aeign. They both stopped halfway through at masamang tingin ang pinukol ni Aqua kay Aeign. Ganun din si Aeign na mataray na tinignan mula ulo hanggang paa si Aqua.

Aqua rolled her eyes and walked towards Victoria. "The car is ready, Miss Victoria."

Victoria nodded and stood up. "Okay, let's go—"

Aeign spoke, "Atty. Alegre, you have a hearing to attend. Your client is waiting for you in court."

Victoria looked at him, horrified. "Don't tell me you'll go to that hearing. You need to come with me!"

Tumayo si Noah. "I'll make this one quick. Kailangan ko lang asikasuhin ang hearing na 'to." Aniya at lumabas.

Victoria and Aqua followed him. Kasama niya si Aeign. "She's coming with you?" Victoria asked.

Noah nodded. "She's going to be my witness. Siya ang nakakaalam na wala akong inasawa."

Victoria raised her eyebrow and pointed at Aqua. "Then she's gonna be my witness too. She knows that the last thing I want is to get married."

Nang makalabas, sinalubong sila ng driver na abalang-abala sa makina ng kotse. "Johnny, what's happening?" Victoria asked. Johnny is their personal driver.

Johnny nervously gulped and scratched his bald hair. "N-Nasiraan po ang kotse, Miss Victoria. Ipapark ko lang sana pero biglang nasira ang makina. Pasensiya na po."