I don't know if I should be happy or not...

The problem now is the reaction of my colleagues. I just told them that Conrad and I are just friends. I'll definitely be receiving some hurtful words from them.

I'm currently on a fieldwork with Charles. We're both at Dolly's distillery with the production managers to talk about the bourbon drink that will be promoted soon.

I excused myself for a short while when we were casually talking with the production managers when Conrad called.

Now, Charles and I are going back to the office.

While we're on the car, Charles and I still have this wall between us. Well, there's nothing I can do.

It pains me that we will not have a normal conversations anymore like when we were still together.

I suddenly wanted to ask about the reason why he called me last weekend.

When I called out his name, he called out my name at the same as me.

He let me speak first.

I asked why he called me last Saturday and he just said that he was drunk and mistakenly called me. He also said that the message he sent was a mistake due to his drunkenness.

Drunk, huh? It suddenly reminded me of his one-night stand with Zilly.

He probably wanted to send me hate messages when he got drunk. Zilly was probably drinking with him.

I now asked Charles what he wanted to say to me.

He did not answer me immediately but he eventually said nevermind. He just wanted to let me know that it was a mistake that he called me.

Now, everything went silent until we have arrived at the office.

The moment we have arrived at the office, our colleagues went to me and had me surrounded.

I've got a bad feeling about this. This is what I'm scared about.

"You just said that you are just friends with him. You're a liar." Katie said this in a serious tone.

I clenched my fist to control my composure.

They're now teasing me about me being a true whore for dating a new guy so fast.

"Quiet ones are scary. You never know what you'll see in their alter ego." A male colleague said this as if he is disgusted at me.

I mustered up my courage to voice out and I looked at them very angry.

"Say whatever you want. I am dating him." I said.

Everyone mocked me again for trying to be tough.

"Sir Charles! You're ex- ugh... Miss Athena here is quite scary!"

I looked at Charles standing beside me. He looked calm and just told them to stop mocking me.

"Sir Mark already reprimanded you guys earlier to stop being immature. Go back to your seats. Stop prying to other people's affairs." Charles said.

Charles returned to his area and it's me and these nosy colleagues left.

I can't stand them anymore and I just walked past by them.

However, Miranda grabbed my arm and told me that she was grateful that my relationship with Charles was short-lived.

"Zilly was delighted upon hearing the news of you dating a celebrity. You've got yourself a big break. Charles doesn't deserve you."