Chapter 9

It's Monday again and I can still feel the hangover from meeting with Lucas in person last Saturday.

My golly!

I'm in the office typing on my desktop. I looked under my table and saw my paper bag with The Lover's Sun manga starting from volumes 1-14 with the 14th volume being the latest.

It's quite heavy when I brought these manga. I'm going to give this to Conrad after work and we'll go a coffee shop to talk about the manga. We'll meet in front of the company then go straight to the coffee shop.

"Your smile is already up in the sky. Did something good happened last weekend with your VA friends?" Reese asked.

"I just met my idol Lucas!" I stopped typing and swiveled my chair and faced Reese.

"It's a blessing that you met your VA friends that eventually made you meet him." Said Reese.

"I also witnessed a real recording session for our company's new campaign." I resumed typing on my computer.

"I'm pretty excited to see the final ad campaign. The advertising department are lucky to meet with celebrities from time to time." Reese was jealous of the advertising department.

I agree with her. That department comes in contact with the celebrities most of the time. Our department is pretty much on handling sales and related paper works.

In a few moments, I will be presenting my report within our department. All of us went into the meeting room.

As I went in front to formally present my report, I suddenly made eye contact with Charles. He's seriously looking at me. He's so nerve-racking, as always! I immediately looked to Sir Mark then to Reese to make me feel at ease. Sir Mark is really a nice person and he doesn't make me nervous.

Actually, I'm still not good at presenting. I'm your typical introvert girl who doesn't like talking and I would find peace when I'm alone or with just few people.

After some minutes, I finished my report. Phew, finally. I think I did a pretty good job. Sir Mark seems satisfied with my report.

The meeting went on for 45 minutes and we're done with the meeting.

As I was fixing my things, Sir Mark approached me.

"Well done, Athena. You've been improving yourself ever since you came here."

I felt flattered from what he said and I said "It's just that I have a good team leader and that is thanks to you."

"Charles, you mean? He's pretty strict with you. That made you more of a detail oriented person, don't you think?"

What? Really? I'm pretty sure I'm already a detailed-oriented person but not always. What made him think that way? Though maybe he's right. During my first year here, I'm always being reprimanded by Charles when I do reports. That's why maybe I have improved?

"Anyways, there will be a newcomer for our department. We seemed very busy all the time and sales have increased so it was decided that we have to hire another employee to have additional manpower."

So it's that time. We haven't actually hired someone for so long in our department. Zilly was the latest recruit which she was hired two years ago.

"I'm assigning you to be a mentor of Henry Moore starting on Monday next week."

Henry Moore is the name of the new recruit.

"Alright, sir Mark". I smiled at him.

"Guide him well next week, Athena. This will be your first mentorship."