Tightening the silver chain about his neck, Abraxas turned to face one of the glass windows. His skin was nearly translucent in the exposed light. "When my mother was alive, we would have our own version of the holidays in her sitting room, where my father couldn't see." His long nose wrinkled, "my father thought such expenditures were unnecessary." At Animo's exaggerated gesture to the ornate room, the boy shrugged. "Apparently, our wealthy is to be displayed, but not used." There was a slight pause as Abraxas offered her a sip of Firewhiskey, passing the silver flask over with ease. Animo had begun to grow rather worried Abraxas would develop into an alcoholic. "Your turn, Wallis. Any cozy Christmas memories?"

Smirking at his sarcastic tone, Animo stared off into the empty fireplace, willing a few orange flames to burst from between the hickory logs. "I never had any parties certainly, but one year my guardian and I went ice skating," she grinned at memory of Albus gliding on his skates throughout his office, which he had transfigured only for her. "I ended up with a concussion."

"Of course you did." Abraxas grew silent, seeming to mull over his response as he let the whiskey sit on his tongue. "Who are you? Really." At her frown, the blonde begrudgingly elaborated while he took a seat beside her on the sofa. "Tom's a bit of a collector, if you haven't noticed. I'm wondering why he added you to the shelf."

Trying not to show her irritation at Abraxas's scan of her figure, Animo reached over and took another swig of Firewhiskey. "That's an incredibly complicated story."

"I've got time."

Animo hesitated, wondering what exactly to say. Yet there was something about Abraxas that made her loosen her guard. "I've had glimpses of the future. Suppose Tom wants to know if he will attain all his glory."

"A Seer?" Abraxas frowned, "you don't have the grace."

"Oh, sod off." Animo shoved on his shoulder slightly, although in the boy's inebriated state, he toppled off the sofa and onto the thick carpet. A burst of laughter escaped her lips before Animo clamped a hand over her mouth, giggling quietly. "No, not a Seer."

Growling under his breath, the Malfoy heir attempted to stand, brushing off the front of his trousers with clumsy hands. Yet, there was a calculated gleam in his eye that told Animo he was processing her answer. "So—"

Suddenly, there was a loud bang as the door to the foyer slammed open, sending an echo pulsing down the stone corridor. Animo and Abraxas exchanged a wary look, the latter attempting to hide his disheveled appearance before they crept down the hall, none too eager to greet their friend.

Tom stood in the entryway, his curls dripping with the remnants of rain. Apparently, wherever he had stayed lacked the typical winter season. Animo was rather concerned at the green pallor of his skin.

"My lord," Abraxas's tone was submissive, but the boy made sure to keep a good distance between them. Tom's nostrils flared, reminding Animo of a dragon. "What happened?"

"Wallis." Tom's tone was sharp, inviting no questions as he gestured towards the empty space beside him.

Biting on the inside of her cheek, Animo obeyed reluctantly, feeling rather like a scolded dog when she positioned herself at his elbow. However, she didn't have time to linger on the feeling as Tom gripped her arm abruptly, apparating them away with a pop.

A loud horn blasted the inside of Animo's eardrums as the blinding headlights of a double decker bus flashed over her form. Her only reaction was to pull her arms in front of her face protectively, hoping it would somehow block the impact.

Then, she was pulled into the cement curb. Her ankle rolled at a painful angle while she stumbled for balance.

"You are an idiot." Tom hissed, yanking the edge of his robes from her grasp as he led the way onto the pavement. Several crowds of muggles milled about them, dressed in thick cloaks and earmuffs. The jolly tune of a Christmas carol spun cheerfully over their heads, a dour contrast to Tom's mood.