Animo didn't miss the wide grin that eclipsed Avril's typical disinterested front. She smiled softly, ducking around the pair to head to the Great Hall. As much as she adored them both, watching a young teenage encounter was not at the top of her desired list.

"Oi, Wallis!"

She turned at the sound of Lyall's voice, surprised she was being addressed. Outside of Albus's class, she had very little interaction with the Gryffindors.

The brunette boy ambled towards her, rather hindered by the suit of armor that clanked with his every step. Lyall whistled under his breath, enjoying making Animo uncomfortable. "Don't you look.. swimmingly?"

Raising her eyebrow, Animo tried not to fidget with her dress. With both Gellert and Voldemort's marks on her arm, she had resorted to long sleeves. Concealment charms were not the most reliable. "Thank you," she retorted dryly. "I think."

"I'm going," Dominic interrupted, looking exceedingly impatient in some sort of renaissance get-up. "Cilla's waiting for me."

Animo and Lyall watched him go with a shared air of amusement. She glanced over at the Gryffindor. "Cilla?" The kind Hufflepuff had conversed with Animo on occasion, but they shared very few classes. Animo also got the feeling that Celene was not the fondest of her and thus, she tried to avoid the twins entirely.

Lyall rolled his eyes, attempting to wipe his brow, but his arm was unable to reach his face with the stiff joints of his armor. "Bloody wanker acts tough, but when it comes to that woman, he's a pansy."

Laughing, Animo pulled out her wand, gesturing for Lyall to step closer. "If you want any chance of making it through the night, you need to loosen that suit. Oilenshio," she waved her wand with a flourish and instantly, Lyall's posture sagged with relief.

He bowed dramatically, his hair flopping down in front of his forehead. "You have the upmost gratitude of Sir Lupin, milady."

Curtseying in reply, Animo extended her hand. "Now go enjoy the festivities, good sir."

Lyall grinned, turning around with a swagger. "Oh, the party won't start without me." Just as he was about to disappear down the corridor, he turned back to Animo with a wink. "And you do look ravishing tonight, Annie."

Animo watched the suit of armor trot away with a shake of her head, trying not to feel too flattered. She knew from the Hogwarts rumor mill that Lyall flirted with anything that breathed.

"Well, that was inspiring."

Tom's scathing tone echoed down the corridor easily as Animo cringed, wishing she could evaporate herself on the spot. There had to be some sort of spell for that.

"Oh hush," she rolled her eyes while she tilted to meet the Slytherin, who was leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. She let her gaze linger slightly on his arms, as Tom had actually pushed up the sleeves of his black shirt. Outside of that change, he looked about as he always did, minus their house sweater. "Nice costume."

A smirk crept its way up Tom's face while he craned his neck, looking much like a cat inspecting its prey. "Why insult myself by changing into something else? Nothing can beat this, I'm afraid." He gestured to his form with a lazy wave.

Feeling exceedingly irritated, Animo turned back towards the direction of the Great Hall. "Your arrogance never fails to be predictable."

Right as she began to stalk away, she felt a cold touch on her elbow. Trying not to shiver, Animo held herself composed while Tom stepped closer to her neck, his chin tilted downwards.

"Now, would I be a gentleman if I didn't escort you in?"

Certain that she was failing at keeping the surprise from her face, Animo glanced at Tom's extended arm warily. She tentatively wrapped her fingers around the crook of his elbow. Cold seemed to radiate from the boy's very skin. "Is this some sort of ridicule?"