six

We all returned the next day after picking up some things for Eddie. We got food, drinks, clothes, and I brought along some blankets and sleeping bags, knowing that sleeping in the boat couldn't be too comfortable. Each of us had our own bags and walked through the property.

     I opened the door to the shed to see Eddie in a corner by a window, holding the same broken bottle in his hand that he had held to my neck the previous night, "Did someone order a delivery?" I asked in a playful tone, smiling at Eddie.

     "Jesus." Eddie spoke out, letting out a heavy breath as he dropped the weapon to his side.

     I walked in with everyone behind me, moving over toward the workbench in the shed so I could organise everything. I needed to feel useful, like I was actually helping. Everyone brought their grocery bags over to me and set them down by my feet.

     Robin stayed behind, looking at me while the other three walked around the shed, "You okay?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

     I shrugged as I organised boxes of cereal and water onto the bench, "Considering the fact that I wasn't the one to witness a murder committed by an invisible and malicious wizard in my own home with the inability to retrieve any evidence to clear my name, yeah, I'd say I'm doing fucking great." I rambled, my eyes focused on organising the boxes of food by height.

     Robin watched me intently, knowing the tidying up was something I did whenever I had nothing else to do, "Look, you need to relax. We're gonna figure this out and clear Eddie's name. We're gonna be fine...Always are."

     I looked at her seriously, my hands palm down on the table, "But what if we don't do it this time?" I asked, feeling my heart sink, "Every time with think we win, something comes back."

     "We can do it, and we will." She said and gently wrapped her arm around my shoulder, pressing a soft kiss to the side of my head. Robin rubbed my arm before walking away, making her way to Steve.

     I moved on to the bag of pillows and sleeping bags as well as blankets. I took each thing out, folding it if it needed to be before placing it on the table in a neat pile. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realise that Eddie walked up behind me until he stood next to me.

     I jumped after seeing him in my peripheral, "Fuck..." I whispered after jumping, placing a hand on my chest while my heart began to race.

     "Sorry I was just, uh... grabbing some Honeycombs." He said softly, moving closer to me as he reached for the box of cereal,'

     I shook my head and ran a hand through my loose hair, "No it's okay...just on edge." I said quietly before reaching into one if the plastic grocery bags, "I um, got you this." I spoke and pulled out a yoohoo chocolate milk, "I didn't know if you liked them but I remember drinking them all the time as a kid."

     Eddie took the drink from my hand and smiled as he looked down at it, "Thank you," He said before setting the food on the bench. I looked at him confused for a moment until he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me closer than he ever had previously, "For everything."

     I carefully wrapped my arms around his neck and placed a hand on the back of his head, gently stroking his hair. I did what I knew comforted me, hoping that it worked for him. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, "You're gonna be okay." I told Eddie, more so trying to convince myself that nothing would happen to him.

     Eddie nodded and slowly pulled away, looking deep into my eyes, "I'm gonna be okay." He replied.

     I let my hands slide down his arms before grabbing the cereal and chocolate milk, "Go eat." I said, holding them out for Eddie, "I need you to take care of yourself."