9|First Love

Hyunsuk had learned from the start of their relationship that Jihoon had loved someone else first. He was scared that one day Jihoon would leave him to return to Junkyu. He was scared of losing him.

It didn't help ease his anxiety how they were miles apart as they attended different school institutions. He became insanely scared, anxious, possessive and too controlling of Jihoon's life. He had people that he knew watched over the people Jihoon interacted with. He asked them to report to him places Jihoon goes to.He even became strict of what clothes Jihoon could only wear.

Jihoon felt suffocated by it and their relationship became toxic.

The more he felt like Hyunsuk was restraining him, the more Jihoon felt the need to break up with him.

The youthful love that bloomed was slowly crumbling with age.

Fast forward to Jihoon now in the 12th grade of his school life.

Him and Hyunsuk remained together but many could tell it was all hanging by a thread.

Jihoon along with his classmates were all preparing for college admissions and universities with exams to take.

One day, Jihoon receives some unexpected news from Seunghun.

"Hey, Jihoon. Junkyu's gonna come here to take the exam for the university we applied to." Seunghun shared.

"What?" Jihoon looked absolutely dumbfounded by what he just heard.

"I said Junkyu is coming to also take the exam tomorrow and he's gonna stay at my apartment to sleep overnight." Seunghun said grinning.

When the words registered into Jihoon's head, he couldn't stop his legs from running in a circle and squealing as he does so. He was panicked and excited to see his old friend, to see his Junkyu.

His classmates nearby laughed at his reaction. They knew he wasn't single yet he was squirming and squealing around about another guy.

"Jihoon, Junkyu is calling!" said Seunghun. He handed Jihoon his phone, whom took it with shaky hands.

His throat felt dry all of a sudden. He was excited yet scared to hear Junkyu's voice. Did it change throughout the years of their separation? Or did it remained the same?

He put the phone up to his ear to talk.

"Hello?" Jihoon asked.

To his surprised, he was fooled by his friends. They laughed at his actions. How eager he was to reconnect with an old flame. Jihoon hid his face feeling ashamed from acting this way. He really should not be gushing over a past failed love story when he was currently dating someone. He composed himself and got back to being his collected and cool self.

But Byounggon, another one of Jihoon's classmate, was eager to see where this unfulfilled love story goes to. He had heard from Jihoon himself the stories of him and Junkyu. He also listened to Jihoon's rants of him and Hyunsuk's crumbling relationship.

Byounggun believed that Jihoon was no longer happy with Hyunsuk. He feels he should break up with him and be with Junkyu instead. So, he decided to play the role of Cupid.

That afternoon, Junkyu had actually arrived at Seunghun's apartment. Byounggun made the excuse that him and Jihoon were going to Seunghun's place to retrieve Jihoon's jacket. It wasn't left there on purpose, but it was an opportunity for Byounggun to make the two see each other.

Jihoon felt panicked. They informed Seunghun they will be coming and he informed them as well that Junkyu was already there.

On the way, Jihoon chanted in his head: