Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

It started running a small scanner over the exposed skin on her stomach and, through the force, she could feel small electrical waves being sent through her stomach.

"This is totally safe right? Like for the baby, if I am pregnant." She asked worriedly as she didn't want her unborn child to be exposed to radiation.

"You said you trusted me Oriel, this is the newest and safest technology of our time. I promise." Satine confirmed as she watched intently and then a small holographic image appeared on the glass, it was inside of Oriel's stomach.

Oriel heard both Satine and Obi-Wan take in a small breath as they looked at the image they were shown.

"What is it?" She asked a she turned head to see too but from where she was she couldn't see anything.

"It appears that Mrs Kenobi is with child. Three weeks, to be exact." The droid informed and immediately Oriel's mind was flooded with the worst ideas.

What if the council finds out and we're expelled from the order? What will Master Yoda think of me? I will be forced to abandon Boba and I'll most likely never see Anakin again.

Obi-Wan could sense her heart rate increasing and could see her breaths getting faster. On instinct he ran into the room and kneeled beside the bed while placing a hand on her forehead and started combing his fingers gently through her long red hair.

"Take a deep breath Oriel, everything will work out just fine. I promise you." Obi-Wan assured .

"I'll get this droid's memory wiped and leave you two alone." Satine said from behind the glass before walking off.

"Look at me. I want you to see just how happy I am. This is all I've ever wanted Oriel, and this is all you've ever wanted." He said as he locked eyes with her and Oriel almost felt happy just by looking at his contagious smile.

"Do you remember when we were brought back together after five long years? We were assigned to protect Padme." Obi-Wan asked and Oriel nodded her head remembering it very clearly.

"Well I remember standing out on that balcony, not listening to a word you were saying but just admiring your beauty." He laughed lightly and so did Oriel.

"I also remember the longing look on your face at the mention of children. I remember looking into your mind and seeing your deepest desire of having your very own. And now you get to have that. We get you have that. Together." Obi-Wan said and it was all true.

For as long as she could remember Oriel had always loved children and wanted nothing more in the galaxy to have her own. Now she could have that, she was having that. With the man she loved more than anything.

"You're right." Oriel said and she started smiling, thinking about all the wonderful things she would get to do with her child.

"But seriously Obi, what are going to do?" She asked more calmly now, not in a panic.

"We're not going to do anything right now. This is the happiest moment of my life." Obi-Wan said looking at his wife with most adoration look he'd ever given.

"Happier than the day we got married?" She asked in a teasing tone.

"Of course not my love. I only mean that I don't want your worries to ruin this moment." Now that Oriel was relaxed, Obi-Wan could be too.

"Yes but in a few months I'll start to show and the council will defiantly notice, as happy as this moment may be, it's the end of what we know. Everything's going to change." As much as she wanted to relax for Obi-Wan, her mind just seemed to enjoy betraying her.