Instincts

This feeling...

Stiles felt like he was moving without thinking about what he was doing. Before he really processed anything, he was picking up one of the souls, peering at it. The soul blazed angrily in his hand, it was almost like he feel the glare coming from it.

What am I doing?

His stomach rumbled and twisted in hunger.

I should probably stop this...

But it was like he was an outsider of his own body, not being able to control the instinct that was conquering his usual rational mind.

I should...

He lifted the soul up, near his mouth.

Probably...

His mouth opened.

Stop...

The blazing fire poured into his mouth, like it was some sort of liquid, swallowing it down was surprisingly easy.

Stiles rationality seemed to return to him for a couple of seconds. What had he just done?! Had he really just eaten another soul?! What-

But his thoughts suddenly vanished from his mind and it was like someone had erased his usual logical thinking, as he then litearlly felt the soul be converted to pure energy and fill him to the brim with its power.

It was an intoxicating feeling.

The Reapers who were pinned down suddenly let out cries of pain as the pressure of Stiles telekanieses abilities increased at his sudden boost in power.

Stiles licked his lips as if wishing he could taste any more of it yet nothing came of it.

"I think I can understand now why you all looked so hungry" Stiles murmured, his eyes focusing on the second soul that was now floating aimlessly about.

Before he could really think about it, he was walking over to the other soul.

The Reapers that were still pinned to the ground seemed to struggle more but nothing they did seemed to matter against this crushing force.

"Y-you looked at us like we were monsters when we talked about adding you to our power, what makes you different than us!" One of Reapers yelled out, pure rage and also fear in their voice.

Stiles picked up the soul in the air, it seemed quite confused.

He gazed into it, the white flame of the soul reflecting in his now hungry eyes.

"The difference?" He said.

He lifted the soul into his mouth, this time with  no hesitation or misgivings, like the first it went down easily, it felt like he was pouring water down his throat rather than water.

For a couple of seconds nothing happened then Stiles closed his eyes at the heady powerful feeling pumped through his body.

Since when had he felt this good?

He wanted more.

"The difference..." He spoke softly yet he couldn't hide the clear hunger in his tone, turning towards the Reaper that spoke.

He walked over to them then crouched down next to them. The Reaper flinched, Stiles entire demeanour was way more menacing and dangerous than it had been previously.

Stiles smiled but there was no warmth there.

"The difference is, I've won this fight and you haven't"

His instincts were now in complete control. 

His ability pressed down on them further, the ground started to crack beneath them.

He knew, if he pressed down a lot more then...

The three Reapers cried out, pure agony overwhelming them.

Then in a heartbeat, with no warning, one moment the Reapers were yelling in agony, the next? They vanished and three white flickering flames took their place.

A small part of him was yelling, what had he just done? This was wrong. Yet the bigger part of him was focused on his urges, his instincts. Everything was quite simple really, he was hungry and what could help his hunger was right in front of him.

Three times Stiles scooped up the angry and frightened souls and poured them, like they were drinks, into his mouth.

It was like drinking an energy drink, however just like an energy drink, the feelings wore of very quickly.

It was like a haze of hunger he hasn't realised was clouding his mind slowly cleared out and he was left standing the the warehouse alone wondering what the hell had he just done?

Why couldn't he stop?

What was wrong with him?!

He tried to get himself to focus at the task at hand to stop the panic from grabbing him and wrestling him to the ground.

All Stiles knew one thing for sure, after what had just happened to him and what the other Reapers had said.

He needed to find Azrael, now.