Chapter 8

The room wasn't that decorated, except it had some English band posters on the wall. Joshua's bed was neatly made with a few plushies on the bed which made Wonwoo feel warm at the sight of it.

Joshua's suitcase was lying in the corner, but he wasn't going to look inside. Instead, his attention fell on the stack of photos on Joshua's desk. "Was this your life?" Wonwoo asked out loud as he picked up the stack in his hands.

 "Was this your life?" Wonwoo asked out loud as he picked up the stack in his hands

The first photo was a baby photo that he could only assume was Joshua

The first photo was a baby photo that he could only assume was Joshua. It looked similar to him, but how well did he know that face? As he kept going through the photos, there were photos with one woman repeatedly, probably his mother.

The way she held and kissed the baby made him smile. But, the fact that it was Joshua made everything a whole lot more cuter. By the time he got to the teenage year pictures, he was sitting on Joshua's bed. Wonwoo couldn't believe how cute Joshua was, he was beautiful, and he looked like those shy music kids with the guitar on his back in each picture.

 Wonwoo couldn't believe how cute Joshua was, he was beautiful, and he looked like those shy music kids with the guitar on his back in each picture

"You had a lot of friends, didn't you? I wonder what happened?" Wonwoo kept looking until one photo caught his attention

"You had a lot of friends, didn't you? I wonder what happened?" Wonwoo kept looking until one photo caught his attention. It wasn't a recent one. Now that he thinks of it, there were no recent ones at all. This picture, however, was something Wonwoo didn't want to stop looking at. Joshua was just as pretty as he remembers from the glimpse he got.

Wonwoo noted it was a bunny smile he had, more adorable than it needed to be

Wonwoo noted it was a bunny smile he had, more adorable than it needed to be. He just wanted to make Joshua smile like this and be able to see this smile on his face in person.

He knew he had been in the room for too long as he kept the photos back in their place and got ready to leave. It was just that photo. He would give it back, but for now, he just wanted to keep it for himself, not in a weird way, but just to see that smile for a little longer.

He knew he was failing his whole moving on mission, but it didn't matter as he kept looking at the smile on his way back to his room. There was no time to play on his game boy, but he just wanted to keep the photo somewhere Mingyu wouldn't find it and tease him for it.

Wonwoo was a bit shocked by the fact that his door was wide open but just figured Mingyu must've come in for something. He casually made his way inside after dismissing the thought but stopped abruptly when he saw someone curled up by Mingyu's bed with silent sobs coming from them.

No, that wasn't someone. That was Joshua. "Joshua Hyung!" Wonwoo kept the photo in his pocket before bending down to crouch next to Joshua, careful not to impose his personal space like he did the last time they met. Wonwoo's voice seemed to stop the sobs as Joshua looked up at his face hesitantly.

Wonwoo had no hope for himself. Even with a puffy face, red nose and dried-up tear stains, Joshua was still breathtaking. Wonwoo, however, wasn't ready for what happened next. Joshua's expression saddened as he leaned forward to hug Wonwoo so softly. His grip was not at all tight like it would slip if Wonwoo didn't hold him back, so he did.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Wonwoo didn't have the time to enjoy the fact that he was hugging the boy he was desperately crushing on when he realised he was still crying. "I- W-Wonwoo, I- I don't k-know" he was stuttering much more than usual, so Wonwoo didn't ask more.

He helped Joshua get on the bed and noticed the light flinches at his touch even though Joshua was still hugging him. "Do you want me to stop holding you?" Wonwoo asked, hoping the answer was no. "W-Would that be...o-okay?" Wonwoo nodded before saying a soft 'of course', careful not to raise his voice.

"D-Door, on o-one side" Joshua said, trying to wipe his tears so Wonwoo wouldn't see it even though he knew the younger had seen it. He, out of everyone, had seen him go through an episode. "What do you mean, Hyung?" Wonwoo asked, not knowing how to talk without upsetting Joshua.

"W-We are on...the s-same side" Wonwoo let a small smile creep onto his lips when Joshua said that. "Did you come here to meet me? What happened?" Wonwoo stopped asking, knowing all the questions were too much.

"Don't worry, and you don't have to say anything. Just...feel better" Joshua nodded, and without either of them expecting it, Joshua moved his hand over Wonwoo's, the touch as soft as ever. He wasn't looking at Wonwoo's eyes like eye contact wasn't something he could handle.

"Can y-you tell me one o-of your...ch-cheesy l-lines again?" Wonwoo didn't really know how to respond, but he was surely searching his mind for the cheesiest thing he could think of until he decided on the most decent one.

"You know what you would look gorgeous in?" Joshua shook his head in confusion, not registering it as the pick-up line and looked at his outfit in concern. "My arms" Joshua laughed. He laughed properly. The bunny smile Wonwoo wanted to see so bad in person. He was seeing it. "T-That was bad" Wonwoo just watched Joshua, not even trying to defend his pick-up line.

"Does t-that work?" If Wonwoo was being honest, it usually did work, but his face was the main factor in it working. "Doesn't it? I got you to laugh" Joshua's expression softened as he looked at Wonwoo for a split second.

"I felt b-bad making you...s-sit outside the d-door" Joshua still kept distance between him and Wonwoo, only his hand staying on Wonwoo's. "I saw a b-boy r-run across. It s-scared me" Wonwoo wasn't sure if that was Jun or Hoshi, but he probably should've stopped them from running like that earlier.

"You're okay now. They wouldn't hurt you" Joshua sighed softly before taking his hand back so that now they were both sitting awkwardly next to each other. "Wonwoo Hyung, where the hell are you!?" Mingyu walked into the room with Jeonghan right behind him.

"Joshua!" Jeonghan exclaimed, immediately getting him up after seeing the post-crying face on his patient. "Wow, you're right. He's really pretty!" Mingyu said before his face landed on the sour look on Jeonghan's face. "You're obviously the prettiest" Mingyu tried, but Jeonghan ignored him and took Joshua out of the room.

Wonwoo didn't miss how Joshua turned to look at him with a smile on his face before he was met with Mingyu's face right in front of his. "You missed lunch, so we thought you were skipping, and I said I'll go with him to look for you, but I didn't expect you to have got 204 into our room! Nice one, Hyung!" Wonwoo glared at Mingyu before putting his hand in his back pocket to take out the photo, that smile. He was definitely going to make sure to see more of it. Moving on could wait.

⸻ 𝄞𓃠⸻