Abbe. It was a recurring name recently. My mom's name, possibly. But, also the name of this girl standing infront of me. She was beautiful, blonde hair, green eyes and red lips. She wore a tight off the shoulder dress, it was black and covered in sequins so that it would sparkle when she moved. Her black stilettos clicked on the pool deck as she approached us. I then realized it was the same girl from the restaurant. This teen was the one putting the whole coven on edge. But, like last time, I felt reassured near her. She seemed welcoming and warm, safe.

"Darling, why don't you introduce me to your friends, here?" Abbe asks, carefully and sneakily removing the red-solo cup from Genie's hand.

"Sure!" The witch cheered happily, "This is Nina Cappiello, werewolf. And this is Natasha Lopez, Josh's daughter. She's a witch." I smiled at her as Genie introduce us but I noticed how her eyebrow raised in question when my dad was brought up. "And this is Abbe Mikaelson. She's an Original Hybrid."

Abbe smiled at us politely before speaking. "It's nice to meet you both. I didn't know Joshua had a kid." She then downed the rest of the alcohol that was in her stolen solo cup.

"Oh yeah, Nat! Abbe dated your Dad... like 15 years ago." Everyone, minus the drunk Genie froze at that statement. None of us were expecting that to leave the witch's mouth, nor were any of us prepared. But, Genie kept going.

"Oh, there was this one time that Maria and I caught them doing it in the-" Thankfully Abbe shut her up before she could finish that sentence, by pushing her into the swimming pool, and saving the both of us from an awkward story.

Genie screeched as she fell in, grabbing Nina on the way down, who in turn grabbed me. The three of us fell into the pool, leaving Abbe on the deck, attempting not to laugh. I giggled as well but as Abbe reached down to give us a hand out of the deep end I had an idea. As I grasped her hand I pulled down hard, causing the hybrid to fall into the water as well. A screech left her lips as she went head first into the pool beside me and we all laughed.

I held my breath when Abbe resurfaced, worried now that I realised what I had done. I'd pulled a multi-century-year-old-hybrid into a swimming pool. But when I saw the smile break out on the girl's face I laughed, happy and carefree.

"I'm never going swimming in tights ever again!" Genie whined as she peeled the black fabric off her legs. Nina, Genie and I were in Abbe's bedroom, it was 4 in the morning now and the party was over. Abbe was lending us clothes since ours were all soaked.

I was glad I'd come, Abbe was nice and the party was a hit. My Dad was wrong, he probably just had some sort of unresolved feelings because of their break up. She was fun to hang out with and I think we could become friends.

"Ok, I found clothes!" Abbe announced as she waltzed back into the room. "Sorry, I haven't unpacked yet."

"Thanks, Abbe." I smiled as I took the spare clothes. Suddenly a phone rang and Abbe slid her cell out of her pocket.

"Hello?" She answered in English and I concentrated to try and understand her side of the conversation. I'd taken English in school and Kyte knew a little so sometimes he would help but I'd never actively been around someone who speaks English fluently - minus my teacher. This was a learning opportunity.

I watched a smile spread across Abbe's face as someone answered. "Yes, I had a wonderful day, Sweetheart." - "You're OK though, right? The doctors got you all fixed up?" - "That's marvellous, Kylie." - "Is Jace there?" - "No, that's ok. Just tell him to call me." - "You too, Sweets." - "Love you, too. Good bye."

When Abbe hung up the phone she frowned and slid her it back into her pocket. "Everything OK?" I questioned, Abbe looked at me surprised but nodded.

"Yeah, it's all good." I didn't believe her but I didn't press for information either. We weren't that close and it wasn't my place.