A new... Home?

You are Y/N, aboard the spaceship Civilization. You are 20 years old and am what is considered 'middle class' on this ship. Unlike the lower class, every month the scraps from the high classes table are given to you, with which you hold a feast. But unlike the higher class, your food is only semi-better than the lower class. 3 years ago, you and your best friends Aidan and Fox were chosen out of hundreds of thousands of 17 years old to be brought along on this trip to the planet everyone calls 'Eden's Garden'. It is called Eden's Garden because it is a lush, thriving planet, unlike yours, which is a dying one where millions die every year because of smog and pollution. You hope to broker peace with this planet's inhabitants and be able to find out how their planet is so luscious.

"Y/N, Aidan, and Fox. Please report to the Office. I repeat-"

You jumped up as soon as you knew where to go. You were running along when you saw Aidan. He had short curly brown hair with beautiful hazel eyes. He had some muscles since he wanted to be able to protect you and Fox if anything bad happened. "Aidan!" You called out. He heard you and ran over. "Where's Fox?" You asked him.

"She's ahead of us, you know her." He replied in a sly voice with a bit of a rasp.

You got to the office, a white door among the grey and brown walls. Fox was standing by it. She was a feisty redhead, with piercing yellow eyes. She wore a lot of fox-themed clothing, and she looked good in them. "Hey! Wonder what they called us for, you too?" She called in a slightly southern voice, with a nice layer of confidence.

"Y/N, Aidan, Fox, you may enter." A female robotic voice said. You entered in order of how your names were listed. The interior of the room was mint green with all kinds of pictures of things you'd expect to see on sweets.

"I know you are all wondering why I called you to the office. Well, here is the answer: All three of you will be sent out first to see if the inhabitants are hostile." He says in a deep smooth voice with an apologetic face. "But if they do turn out to be hostile then we will try to save you as soon as possible. You all have contributed a great deal to this journey, so I will do everything in my power to keep you all safe." He sighs, then says, "You will be escorted to a high-class room to eat your fill, rest, then gear up for stepping foot on the planet tomorrow. Eat well, rest well, and gear up well. That is all." We then leave the room with a female-shaped android who is using screens we cannot see.

"Wow, the mission is THAT important huh? Giving us a high-class room." Fox whispers to you and Aidan.

"Let's try and eat as much as possible." Aidan chimed in quietly.

"Choose the food with the highest nutrient count, we need it." You remind them.

You soon are at the door to enter the High-Class Zone, or HCZ. The door whooshes open and a wave of chilly air blasts in your faces. The walls here are grey-blue, like storm clouds. The ceiling looks like a sunny day, with actual moving clouds! You soon approach a door like all the others, and you enter when the android puts her finger to a button.

There are 3 beds, with a neatly folded grey-blue body suit on top of each. Fox jumps onto her bed, while you sit down. "What do you think has the highest nutrients?" Fox asks.

"Probably something like meat, or maybe cake!" Aidan says in an excited voice.

You look at the screen on the back of the door and see a food option. You get up and press it. After a few minutes, you ordered all of you the highest nutrient foods you could get, getting occasional tips from the cheery Foodie.

After a bit, the food gets here, and you dig into the selection of meats and cheeses and even some sweets like cake! You had been informed you would be dropped off in a forested area, but in a clearing to prevent anything bad from happening. You and your friends talk for hours about what it would be like, what animals would be there, and what the air was like. After a while though, you got tired. So, we went to sleep with full stomachs and smiles on our faces, not knowing we were being watched...

??? Pov.

I watched as they soon enough went to sleep, happy and content.

Well, I wasn't.

Soon those humans will be landing on my mother's planet, and I SO wished I could be the one to 'greet' them. But I wasn't allowed to, my mother was better with communication anyway. But at least some of them would be sent my way.

After all, not all souls are good, and I was the herder of those evil souls...

Y/N Pov.

You sighed as you trudged along, not liking wearing this heavy armor. An hour ago, you were woken up, given a highly nutritious breakfast, then started getting ready for landing. You had to wear this heavy green armor over your brown bodysuits. The reason it was colored like that was so you had a better chance of blending in if things went south.

The ship was going over the clearing, where you would parachute into. As you got ready, you smiled at Aidan and Fox and asked, "Ready?" Which they replied with "Ready!".

You jumped.

You waited a few seconds, when the ground was a bit close, then pulled the hackneys.

The drift down was peaceful until something whizzed through Aidan's parachute.

"AIDAN!" You called out as his descent sped up. Just as you looked down, you noticed what appeared to be a silver spider web over the clearing. That wasn't there when you jumped...

He landed with an oof, then proceeded to lay there. "Aidan, are you ok?!" You yelled.

"I can't move and see a lot of eyes in the trees." He replied over comms.

You and Fox landed near him and tried to pull him up, but as soon as any part of you touched the web, you were stuck. You stopped moving when you felt the web moving.

"Guys, don't look now, but there is a huge spider behind Fox," Aidan whispered.

Of course, you both looked.

Then immediately proceeded to scream.

As you fell back trying to get away, you got stuck more.

In front of you was a giant tarantula, but purple with red eyes. The pedipalps were light green, possibly pointing to poison, and the spider was moving slowly over to you.

It chittered, and tilted its head to the side, looking at all of you.

None of you moved a muscle.

Realization seemed to enter the creature's eyes because it turned around swiftly and skittered away, its speed jolting you in the process.

It came back with a paper of some sort between its pedipalps, and when it saw its speed was jolting you, it slowed down. When it finally reached you, it set the paper on your lap, for you were the only one with an arm still free. It stepped back and waited.

You carefully picked up the paper, and proceeded to read it out loud, which said the following in slightly cursive but spiky handwriting:

"Welcome humans! I am Amythest, and I spun this web so you would have a soft landing.

Sorry for scaring you! I am usually not blessed with guests, so please excuse my manners.

The welcoming party should be along shortly!

Signed,

Amythest"

As you finished reading it out loud, you all calmed down, realizing you weren't going to die to a huge purple spider.

She approached and carefully cut you out, where you had a bit of a rough landing on the forest floor below, a good 7 feet. She waved one of her legs at you, then disappeared.

"Sorry about Amythest, she hasn't had guests in soooo long!" A female voice burst out behind you.

You turned around and saw a purple wolf, with her lips raised in a smirk to the right.

"Names Kinshenewa, and welcome to my planet!" She burst out, doing a backflip and then just floating above the ground.

"What... are you?" You all asked at the same time.

-------------------------------

This was fun! This is actually one of my Oc planets called Home, really diverse place!

Making it second person is kinda weird, tbh