Chapter Seventeen

Start bij het begin

Miles smiled at Gwanda, who was curiously looking around. "This place is cool," she said, looking at Miles with a hint of a smile on her face.

"If you think this is cool, look at this-" Miles turned his flashlight over to his painting on the wall. "Cool, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it's dope," Gwanda said with an impressed tone which made Miles proud of himself. Miles turned around with the flashlight and spotted the spider he had killed before. Gwen followed the flashlight and she bent down on her knees next to the spider.

"Looks like a normal spider," Miles said, looking at it oddly.

"Yeah," Gwanda said as she touched it, and it did the strangest thing. It disappeared and reappeared repeatedly, changing colors several times. As the spider appeared to return to normal, Gwanda snapped her hand back and yelled in pain. She was doing the same thing as before. She kept disappearing and reappearing while changing colors. She was turning into several different shapes as well.

"Gwanda!" Miles put down his phone and ran to her side. The shapes and colors stopped, and Gwanda's face was twisted in pain. "Are you okay? Do I need to call 911?" Miles was panicking because it was nothing like he had seen before.

Gwanda tried to speak but she whimpered. She was breathing heavily, sweat beading at her forehead.

"I'm calling 911, you're clearly not okay-" Miles said as he reached for his phone but Gwanda grabbed his wrist.

"I-I'm okay." Gwanda said as she sat up. "It stopped," she said as she rubbed her head.

"What was that?" Miles was still in shock from what happened.

"I don't k-know," Gwanda said, scooting away from the spider and attempting to stand up. "But that's no normal spider," She said.

"I don't even know what just happened, it kinda... glitched, and you did too," Miles said, looking at her in shock.

Gwanda looked at the ground and then suddenly whipped her head around as if she heard something. Then she picked up Miles's phone and walked off slowly.

"Hey where are you?-" Miles said but got interrupted and blinded as Gwanda turned the flashlight around in his face.

"Ssh. Stay he-" Gwanda cut herself off. "Just be quiet and follow me," Gwanda said as Miles got up and followed her. Then that's when it hit Miles. There was this white noise in his head, making his vision slightly blurry. Something in his head was trying to tell him something as he followed her. The blurriness and the white noise faded away suddenly as Gwanda shined the flashlight on a curtain and some machines leaving some green lights in the darkness.

"That's weird..." Gwanda said, her voice a slight whisper as she carefully walked. Gwanda shined the flashlight between the crack in the curtain and she furrowed her eyebrows and looked back at Miles.

"You okay?" she asked him.

"I'm fine," Miles said. "Are you? You're still the one who was..." he emptily gestured to what had happened earlier.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Gwanda said, suddenly putting her hand in her pocket as she continued walking. She pulled the curtain to the side and let Miles go in front of her and then she followed. It seemed like there were signs everywhere, from toxic to Alchemax.

"Alchemax signs? What are they doing underground?" Gwanda asked.

Miles shrugs. "Maybe an underground project?"

"Maybe..." Gwanda said as she moved the camera around to show machinery against the walls.

Then suddenly, the white noise in his head came back, as loud as a train. Miles groaned and held his head. Gwanda whipped around and saw him.