Chapter 25

My fingers gently stroke over the black glass desk I'm sitting behind in the office. It's been about two hours since Joe left and already, I'm feeling both lost and bored.

Zachary's busy playing in the playroom directly across from me so I can see him clearly and every now and then, he'll stop by the door and smile at me before continuing to play.

His smile is so much like Joe's, it's unreal. He's his double in both looks and personality. He doesn't stay still for long without wanting to do something which, according to Joe's mum and from what I've seen of Joe, it's exactly what he was and is like.

I gently shake the mouse on the desk that makes the computer screen light up from it's sleep state. The Childs Play Clothing site is already set up at the unisex baby clothing and accessories items, and the mouse is hovering over a black Young Versace black and gold studded changing bag, and I sigh to myself.

I don't know if I should get it just for the sake of it being designer but at the same time, Joe has already told me that this is the site where Zachary gets most of his designer clothes from. So if I wanted to buy anything, the payment details are already there for me to just go ahead and order whatever my heart desires.

"Leigh."

I look at the doorway at the sound of Joe's mum, Louise, calling for me. "Office," I respond loudly so she knows where I am.

I quickly click on the bag and when the new window's open, I add it t the basket before moving on to look at other items on the site. By the time Louise gets to the office with Zachary following close behind her, I've managed to accumulate a number of items for both Zachary and the baby which seemed to come easy to me as I don't want her to think I'm just using Joe now for his money.

I'd never do that but the thought does cross your mind that after you lose your memory and can't remember marrying a well known footballer who makes thousands a week, you'd just stay with him for the sake of doing so so you can buy a lot of flashy items.

I'm not doing that.

I wouldn't dream of doing that.

"A delivery man dropped these off for you," Louise smiles while placing a large bouquet of flowers on the desk next to me.

"They're beautiful," I gush, turning my attention to the flowers that has suddenly brought a smile to my face.

The mixed orchid, lily, and rose bouquet is made up of whites and different shades of pinks. They take up almost half of the desk and I smile as I run a hand over them before reaching for the card that's attached to the side of them.

I open the white card and read the simple words written on it:

'Miss you already. Love you,

          Joe

   xxxx'

"From Joe, I guess?" Louise asks.

I nod as I place the card down on the desk. "Who else?"

"Orchids and lilies are nice touch from him. It makes a change from the white roses he normally buys you before going away on preseason," she points out.

I turn to the computer screen and pay for the items that are in the shopping basket on the site.

"I like white roses," I mention as I get to my feet.

"Joe knows you do," she agrees.

"I know it seems a little cliché for me to like them but I've always liked them. Long before Joe and I were even dating, I liked them." I pick the flowers up and move round the desk.