23) On the Verge of Conciousness (Pt.2)

Start from the beginning

"Sasha Grimaldi, twelve years old with freckles and bright red hair?" He tilted his head, "Green eyes?"

Noah looked up into the mans eyes. Brown, honey-like eyes that were shielded with thick eyelashes and adorned with full, arched eyebrows. Eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows that matched Noah's exact ones.

"Grimaldi? Her surname is Richardson." Noah corrected. The man blinked and then gave a breathy laugh through his nostrils.

"Ah, not anymore. But that's beside the point," The man that sent chills upon Noah's skin stepped forward, "Is she here?"

"Sasha... has brown eyes..." The young boy added cautiously.

The man raised his eyebrows, "Really? She had green eyes when she was just born."

Noah stayed silent and the man huffed a sigh, "Kid, I'll ask again. Is Sasha here?"

Noah's breathing hitched at the gaze in the well-dressed man's eyes. Who knew that eyes that matched Noah's, soft and gentle, could hold such a vicious and unwavering look?

The young boy breathed out, "N-"

"Noah? Who is it?" Sasha's voice asked from inside and Noah then heard her step towards him. Her smile vanished at the sight of the man.

Noah watched the staggering of feet shuffling backwards away from the door, and the rapid blinking of Sasha's eyes, "D-Dad?"

Dad?

The boy hiding behind the door looked at the man and saw a slight resemblance between the two: Lips, nose and jaw structure all matched quite similarly.

Noah heard the stuttering breath from the girl and he turned towards her, not knowing what to do.

The man stepped forwards towards the door.

He smiled, "Ah, sweetheart."  He lifted his arm, extended his hand, "Come with me."

Sasha stepped away, fear written all over her face, "Why are you... Where's mum?"

The man stepped to the side, giving both Noah and Sasha a view of a woman standing at the door of a car. She was cradling her shoulder, head drooped low.

"Mum!" Sasha cried. She turned to her father, "D-Did you hurt her?"

The man's face no longer held any emotion; No sneer or cruel grin. He spoke again, "Come with me."

Noah shivered: The order had a hidden meaning that Noah knew nothing about, though he felt the icy tone clench his heart. Sasha held in a breath, squeezing her eyes shut. After moments of tense silence, Noah watched as the young girl reached out to take her father's hand.

"Sasha..." Noah mumbled, "Our snack time..."

Sasha turned and smiled at her young neighbour, "Next time Noah, I promise we'll have snack time."

Noah watched quietly as Sasha and the man walked to the gate, before the ominous man turned to face Noah.

"Noah..." He said, as if tasting the name, "By any chance... Is your mother home?"

The young boy's heart spiked up and he immediately replied, "Yes, she's in the kitchen."

The man nodded slowly, "I see..." He turned, "We'll be seeing each other soon, Noah."