𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐍𝐎𝐓.

—pairings: steve harrington x female!reader

—summary: y/n's friends forget her birthday, steve and his friends don't.

—warnings: little implications of sadness, but steve and his friend's being cute and soft, boyfriend!steve, established relationship, quite a focus on robin's pov from the side, the tiniest most minuscule steddie reference at the end if you squint because i couldn't help it, i may have included eddie and robin a bit too much but sue me i love them.

—word count: 2.2k

—additional notes: to the anon who requested this, sending you a lot of love. this is quite differently written from what i write and i'm not sure if i like it, feedback is always appreciated <33

⋅𖥔⋅

Steve had never felt anger quite like he did from the moment Y/n hung up the phone, and Robin could tell from across the shop floor of Family Video, leaving Dustin and Lucas' side as they look over the horror section and walks towards the counter. Steve rested his elbows on the desk, hands knotting in his hair as he tries to maintain himself while his blood boils.

"What's wrong?" Robin asked, she had teased him only five minutes ago with his dorky grin when Y/n was at the other side of the work phone, where he greeted her with yet another happy birthday as she left him to his conversation and to the two younger children who debated which movie option was better for tonight.

Steve pulls back, sending his friend a shake of his head as he grips the counter in front, "Y/n's friends forgot her birthday." Robin felt her heart ache, it was nearly three in the afternoon, near time to their shift finishing, and she can only imagine Y/n wondering why her friends hadn't called or visited for a polite, friendly birthday wish.

"Kind of a stretch to call them friends, don't you think?" Robin replies, Steve huffs airily upon her words in agreement. "What are you gonna do?" She then asks Steve while he rubs the bottom of his chin while shrugging, "I made reservations to take her for dinner, but she said she just wants to sit in now," he murmurs sadly.

"Everything okay?" asks Lucas, while approaching the counter with Dustin as they sense the slight tension from Steve's worried expression, "Y/n bail for better plans?" teased Dustin slightly with a grin which falls flat when Steve doesn't quirk back, allowing Robin to interject, "uh, no. Her friends practically bailed on her, forgot it was her birthday."

Both of the boy's eyebrows pull at the mention, "bit unfair to be considered friends, right?" replies Lucas, causing Robin to gesture to him with a widened eyes, "that's exactly what I said!". Everyone felt a wave of empathy fall over them for Steve's girlfriend, someone who was constantly there for them, someone kind, someone who always showed up and even remembered Mike's birthday only recently.

"Why don't you do movie night at yours, Steve? invite Y/n along and we can make it a small party for her?" Dustin offers, holding up both of the movie selections they have settled with, Robin reaching over to glance over them both curiously while humming a reply, "mmm, Steve said she isn't up for—", "that's not a bad idea, Henderson."

They turn to Steve as he suddenly brightens, waving his hands up like a lightbulb just brightened within his brain, "you said—", "yeah I know, she wouldn't want to get all dressed up and go out somewhere, I get that. But if I bring her over to mine, some takeout, movies, ice cream, you guy's, I feel like that could really make her night."

"That's the spirit!" Dustin encourages, "we'll add a couple of movies onto it," he sparks before he turns back to the sections behind him, Lucas curiously joining while Steve muses, "on the house!". "You think that's a good idea? Look, I love your girlfriend, I really do, but I don't want her to feel more crap than she probably does right now," Robin worries, thinking curiously at the thought of Y/n being dragged along to a room full of Steve's friends, but that's exactly why Steve believes it will work.