CHAPTER : 20 - CAUSE OF DEATH : MY SMOULDERING LOOKS!

Start from the beginning

Oh, look at you all blushing.

Aryan sent me a genuine smile, his ears already turning red. And I looked at my food shoving in a spoonful in my mouth to keep from smiling too much at Rupali's obvious scowl. The whole room fell silent except for the occasional clinking of the spoons and forks, Rupali kept sending me occasional glares. But whenever my eyes met his, an unspoken electricity zapped through me causing a slight tremble in my chest. He smiled at me, his green eyes darkening slightly and I bit on my lip to stop the shy smile spreading on my lips.

The piercing sound of the doorbell made me look away and at the table making me and reply a simple 'I'll get that' and I shook my head walking to the door trying to shake off my little smile.

As soon as I opened the door my smile dropped when my eyes settled on his smug face donning a smirk.

"Annu, We meet again!" His sing song voice made me gag.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" My voice harsher exactly as I intended.

"Aren't you quite the sunshine?" He mocked  with an ever present crooked smirk.

"Yes, for a blood sucking vampire like you?" I retorted.

"Ooh, burn..." His smirk grew as his evil eyes twinkled.

"Was supposed to." I mumbled trying to close the door which he blocked with his foot.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" He asked leaning to the door frame, his eyes creased and his smirk plastered.

"Nah, I'm not stupid to invite an ugly, evil bloodsucking vampire into the house. Fuck off." I said as his smirk grew making his dimple pop.

"Okay... I get that a lot, except-" he trying stepping in but I already pushed the door hard enough to block.

"That you are ugly?" I shoot back.

"What? Oh please! That I give off Damon Salvatore vibes. Girls are crazy about me you know?"  He said brushing his hair with his fingers. But still flashing his ever present smirk.

"Let me guess, all of them are dead now?" I spoke which made him roll his eyes.

"Yeah, cause of death : my smouldering looks." And as if it's even possible, his smirk grew more.

"I'm kinda starting to feel your mouth actually is at the side of your face." I pointed.

"You started to notice my mouth." He winked.

"I forgot how massive your ego is." I scoffed and gave him an irritated look.

"Well, that's not the only thing massive about me." He said taking a step closer.

"Yeah, a massive double chin." I bit back.

"Oh please-" he rolled his eyes.

"Yes, please fuck off." I said slamming the door right at his face and leaned back as I heard a muffled yelp. I made my way back to my seat as everyone turned to me.

"Who was that?" Abby asked.

"An ogre." I mumbled to myself. As the door bell rang again, more aggressively than the first.

"I'll go check." Aryan said dropping his fork and getting up to get the door.

"Are you okay, Annu?" My maasi enquired and I just nodded.

"Hello aunty, it's been years." I winced at his voice as I heard the footsteps closer to the table.

"Dhairya? It's Dhairya right? God, you are all grown up! Last time I saw you, you were just a kid, who cut Annu's hair braid off." My maasi chuckled at him.