CHAPTER : 1 - SHE'S SOMEONE WHOM IT'S HARD NOT TO MISS.

[First draft :- February 4, 2021]

Chapter : 1 -  She's Someone Whom It's
Hard Not To Miss.

I heard someone say, the strongest person in the world is someone who is not afraid to be alone.
But if that's what a strongest person is, then I don't call myself strong.

I was afraid. Always. I was afraid of people leaving. Everyone I've ever loved, left me.

"Mom, how are you today?" I said clearing my throat.

"Not me Nonu, how are you?" Her voice said and I squeezed my eyes tighter.

"Great." I gave a weak smile.

"I know you Nonu, I'm your mom. I know everything." She smiled at me. Her eyes were exactly like mine, but looked weak and I took a tiny step forward hesitating to touch her.

"Come here Nonu." She signalled weakly.

"You'll be okay mom, I promise you this." I said confidently masking my fear.

"But first promise me, you will be okay." She replied with a smile gesturing to sit beside her.

"Nonu, listen to me. Be strong, be my brave boy and take care of yourself okay? And your dad too. You understand right?" She said squeezing my tiny pink hand in her soft slender fingers.

"Mom, let's go home. I don't like to see you like this. Come home, will you?" I asked her.

"Nonu, you know that I don't wanna lie to you. Baby, mom is not well, she doesn't wanna leave you like this but I can't promise you I'll come back home." She took my hand to her lips and kissed my finger tips. My eyes teared and started rolling down my cheeks.

"Mom, please come home. I promise I will be good, I'll study, I'll help you with everything, I'll not trouble you mom. Please I'll be a good boy, I won't ever cry. Please come home with us." I pleaded and my tear landed on her hand.

"Listen Nonu, try to understand. I won't lie to you. But, I know my baby is the strongest. You'll be great even when I'm not with you. And I'm proud of you Aryan. I couldn't ask for a better child than you. Just promise me you'll be strong and take care of yourself." She said putting on a brave face but I knew she was in pain. In much pain than I am. I better not cause her anymore pain.

"Okay mom, I promise you. I'll be strong, I'll take care of dad, I'll do anything for you mom." I said with a smile.

"Come here Nonu." She said pulling me into her arms and I threw my arms around her neck. It felt different, it wasn't like everytime I hugged her. Her body felt cold and forgien, her shiny black hair were there to twirl with my fingers, her face wasn't glowing like it should. And she abruptly pulled back after I soaked the shoulder of her hospital gown with my painful tears.

"I'm sorry mom, I won't ever cry. I'll be strong." I said wiping off my tears.

"No baby, crying doesn't make you any weak. Sometimes, taking your pain away makes you stronger. Tears aren't weak." She said smiling with teary eyes and I nodded.

"Nonu, no matter what, no matter how people treat you, always be good to them. Being good takes courage, have faith Nonu." She said.

"I don't want to be alone. I don't like to be alone. Please mom, don't leave me alone." I pleaded as more tears filled my eyes.

"You're not alone Nonu. I'm always with you, I'll be with you forever. And why would you be alone? Your dad is here. You have Nana, Nani, Arjun and Annu." She smiled.

"But I just need you mom. I love you mom." I cried.

"I love you more than you could ever know." She said rubbing my cheeks.