Y/n: I see getting hospitalized hasn't slowed you down at all.

Velvet: I wish that was case. I'm still not at the level I was before. It'll be awhile before I can keep up with Fox again. 

Y/n: Come again?

She can get faster? If this is hindered speed, I don't even think using my other semblance would keep up with her full speed. 

Velvet didn't seem to keen on giving me time to recover; dashing over to me with another flurry of attacks. I avoided her low kick and managed to use my sword to block her spinning elbow. Weaved under roundhouse kick, blocked her one-two punches, then sidestepped her front kick. I retaliated with a backfist into a one-handed slam with my greatsword, wedging it into the ground. She narrowly dodged the blade and swept my legs. I hopped up immediately and threw a hook punch that she leaned back to avoid. I threw another blocked straight punch and missed a roundhouse. She stepped around me and hit me twice in the side. She deflected my backfist and hopped over my spinning sweep. I jumped toward her with a flying knee and she blocked with ease. Velvet swatted my punch and ducked under my round elbow. She intercepted my low kick and defended against my high kick. She struck back with a front kick and landed a flying side kick after.

She closed in with a quick punch to my chest and one to my face. I countered with a jumping double front kick and an overhead punch. She blocked those. I threw a knee into a hook, then a high front kick. Blocked. She grabbed the two punches I attempted, crossed over the other, and had effectively trapped my arms. I went for a headbutt, but she had already uppercut me with her elbow. Every attack I used, she countered it. Velvet rushed me while I was stunned from the elbow. She connected three lightning-fast punches to my face and low kick to my shin. I threw out a punch to her face, she tilted her head to avoid it, and countered with a jab to my stomach. She followed a dozen rapid strikes to my chest, a low kick, two punches to my head and stomach at the same time, then finished close-range punch with an unnecessary amount of force. Her last strike not only knocked me to the ground, but sent me sliding to the edge of the arena.

Coco: I think this is a good place to leave for today. Wouldn't you agree Y/n?

Y/n: Oh ha ha. Ow. 

Velvet bowed and rushed over to me.

Velvet: You alright? I hope I didn't go overboard.

Y/n: I'd say it was unexpected but not overboard. My body says otherwise.

She extended a hand and helped me up.

Fox: I felt that from here.

Coco: Not bad. Lasted longer than I thought.

Y/n: I don't know whether that's a compliment or an insult.

Coco: What do you think V?

Velvet: He's got the skill and the technique. He has a lot to work on, but all and all, solid 8 out of 10.

Y/n: No one told me she was untouchable.

Velvet: Well, not entirely. My semblance has a little "feature" that I can't exactly turn off. Photographic memory.

Coco: She means instant photographic memory.

Velvet: I can see any action done once, and I can replicate it with perfect accuracy. So long as it's executed properly. 

Y/n: That hardly seems fair.

Yatsu: It's not.

I made my way over to the bench with the others.

Fox: Don't feel too bad about it. Velvet is our best fighter.

Coco: And she'll never admit it.