fourty three: jay's best friend

Jay stepped inside the school building while holding onto his bag strap. He looked around for a specific person who usually kept him company during classes.

It was quite strange that Min Suyoung was nowhere in sight.

Apart from the small conversations he occasionally shared with Lee Heeseung, Suyoung was the only person he could talk to. He is only outgoing around his friends and doesn't open up to new people, therefore it was hard for him to make new friends.

The others were completely emotionally unavailable and it killed Jay inside.

Yunhyo was heavily impacted by Jake's departure out of her life that she did not even realise she and her actual crush, Sunghoon were getting closer.

Sunoo and Jungwon, once inseperable, were now running and hiding from each other, not being able to bear the heartbreak.

It was all getting overwhelming slowly and Jay hated it.

So he relied on Suyoung as much as he could, because she was the only one really, and it made him feel okay.

Where is she? Did she not come to school today? Jay thought.

The bell rang and he sighed, dragging his body to class.

And then he saw her, doing her homework as she sat at the desk beside Heeseung.

"I thought you didn't come today." Jay said, dropping on the empty chair on the other side of her.

"Shut up, Jay. I need to finish this." she replied without looking up from her notebook.

Jay chuckled. As much as he found it weird that his best friend was sitting beside Heeseung, he knew she was still just the same.

Still the same Suyoung he sees everyday. Still the same Suyoung he met five years ago.