Chapter 18: Kill

Začít od začátku

"Yo! Goods ta see yous!" One of them shouted over the music, holding his fist out for a bump. Y/N awkwardly accepted it, hoping this didn't come back to bite him in the ass. If Ironwood found out they got Verde to join a mafia, he didn't want to imagine what the military general would do to him. Ironwood arched an eyebrow.

"Oh, you're familiar with this place? Let us discuss the spaghetti then," he said happily. Y/N didn't have a choice as the General put a hand on his back, leading him towards the booths. Verde was about to make her way upstairs when Melanie approached, pointing at her curiously.

"Okay, what happened? Vao's bleeding, Y/N looks like he got his ass beat, Sasha is covered in bruises, and you're wearing Vao's shirt. Just how hard did you party?"

"Oh, u-um-"

"And you didn't invite us!" Melanie shouted angrily. "I hate missing Vao's parties!" Melanie dragged Verde off to the bar, the artist's boots sliding across the dance floor. Sasha looked around, feeling lonely. The giantess decided to check on her friends, one by one. She decided to start with Vao - only to turn around and walk the opposite way. And why was that?

Because Vao was piss drunk, breakdancing his girly ass off. Sounds normal? Yeah, it would've been normal if he hadn't been in his underwear under the cheers of the mafia, his pants already hanging off the strobe lights. And of course, Verde was missing the entire scene because her back was turned. Sasha decided to chat with Y/N.

The general and the Rose were having a conversation about the specifics of Junior's spaghetti. The general seemed surprised. "Wait, wait - so Vao helps cook it? Are you sure he's that intelligent, to use a stove?"

Y/N shrugged, taking a sip from his water. "I was surprised, too... He can't even make cold cereal properly. He adds the milk first, and then the cereal! He thinks that's the way you're supposed to do it!"

Ironwood ran a hand through his hair. "Oh dear... Verde's dating a complete moron..."

"It gets better!" Y/N responded angrily. "He even eats ice cream with a fork! He puts broken egg shells back in the carton, and doesn't put the ketchup back in the fridge! He thinks room temperature ketchup is fine!"

Sasha was already mildly infuriated from hearing that. Probably wasn't best to talk with them. She made her way to the bar, where Verde was quietly talking with Melanie and Junior. The bodyguard wasn't smiling, her hand resting on the artist's shoulder. The crime boss was staring at Verde with his jaw dropped open, his half-smoked cigar stopped in front of his lips.

"Dude... I am so sorry..." Junior mumbled. Verde shook her head.

"It's okay. My boyfriend beat him up. He's a really amazing guy."

Junior, Melania, and Sasha turned to where Vao was partying. He was harassing the DJ, poking and prodding at the mask with a half-eaten brownie in his hand. Still wearing nothing but his undergarments. Junior scratched his head in embarrassment. "Your uh, boyfriend is hardly dressed. Verde dropped her apple juice, spinning around violently in the bar stool. A thin line of blood trickled from her nose, her face turning a dark shade of red. Sasha sighed; she didn't feel like ruining Verde's view, walking off.

She hung out by the wall, watching as everyone else had fun. If Yang, Blake, and Weiss hadn't been hospitalized, she would have bet her life savings that they would've hung out with her. Not that Weiss would come to the Club for anything other than work. And Sasha didn't even have a penny in her life's savings. She sighed, brushing a strand of scarlet hair from her face. At some point, Vao woke up sober, got his pants back on, and left. Sasha didn't know where he was going, but it would probably be best not to ask.