Ch. 7

A/N
Personally my favorite chapter so far 😉
I'm expecting this story to be 10-11 chapters, but we'll see. 😋
Enjoy! 💗
________________________________

They reached the bench and grabbed their icecream cones.
Nigel bent slightly and whispered to Wally,
"I think we should move to another park, you know, away from that guy." The blonde looked over his shoulder and gave the adult a look, then turned back and nodded in agreement.

They briskly strutted to a nearby park and found their spot at another bench. They each took a seat and began eating their icecreams. Well, at least for Nigel, as Wallabee had already eaten half of his own.

---

"Yeahhh!" Abigail shouted as she came up the ramp, then did a kick turn when she reached the top. Pretty impressive, considering how narrow the ramp was. She came gliding back down, but then noticed a beeping noise on her watch. She looked at it and screamed.
"6pm?! I'm late for supper! Mama's gonna KILL me!" She jumped off of the skateboard just in time, and landed on the floor next to the ramp.

"Guys! Uh, we better get going. It's after Numbuh 5' curfew, we can come back tomorrow." Numbuh 2 and 3 stopped messing around to listen, and nodded their heads.

"Well, I guess I can miss ONE episode of Rainbow Monkey Land." Said Kuki reluctantly.
They gathered in the center of the room.
"Now, where is that exit?" Abby said, spacing her words thoughtfully with a hand to her chin.

A shadowy figure smiled.
"It doesn't matter, 'cause you're never gonna see it again."

---

They were biting their icecream cones until Numbuh 4 came to a stop. The brit moved slightly to look at him. Wallabee was twiddling his thumbs, then turned to his leader.
"Thank you for helping me out back there." He said with a small smile.

The taller boy smiled back.
"No problem, what are friends for?" Nigel stopped, and thought about what he said.
Friends? It didn't sound right...

Numbuh 1 turned to the blonde once again with a hesitant expression.
"Um... Well, 'friends'... W-we could be something more..." The brit sputtered nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.
The Australian turned red, but had a glint of hope in his eye.
"I-I mean, yeah... I wouldn't mind that." Numbuh 4 said sheepishly.

Wallabee couldn't believe what he'd heard.
Not that I can do anything about it. Thanks to this stuuuupid love potion.
Otherwise stated from his thoughts, Wallabee was truly feeling excited about what was going on.

They had instinctively scooted closer to eachother, Nigel on the left, Wallabee on the right.
Time seemed to be moving slower, both of them taking in the sight of the other. A whimsical feeling blew around them like a soft breeze. Nigel stared at Wally, taking in his bright, golden hair, along with his soft, sun kissed face. He'd finally gotten close enough to see small details on his love's face.
Small freckles, nearly unnoticeable, on his cheeks, but brung into light with the help of the sun. His eyelashes, lengthy and golden in the sunlight. His eyes. Forest green, he noticed small flecks of blue, mesmerizing.

They stared into another's eyes, pulling them both in, figuratively, and literally.
Soon their eyes were half lidded, and they were slowly tilting their heads, preparing for their connection.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.
Nigel's watch went off.
The two of them jumped in surprise, startled from the loud, sudden noise.
Of course, they both backed off from eachother and turned away in embarrassment.

Numbuh 1 cleared his throat.
"I-I better get that..."
Numbuh 4 rubbed his shoulder disappointedly.
"Y-yeah..."

Nigel placed an ear piece on his ear and pressed answer.

"Numbuh 1! We're in trouble!" Said a distressed Numbuh 5 from the ear piece.
"What's the problem Numbuh 5? What's going on?" Said Numbuh 1 hastily into the mic attached to the headset.
"We've been caught by the teens! You need to hurry!"
Then, Nigel heard static and a beep. Signifying the call has ended.

He took off the headset and turned to Numbuh 4 with a serious look on his face.

"Numbuh 4, the other's have been captured at the teens' hideout."
"Really?!" Numbuh 4 said, jumping up from his seat and eating the rest of his cone. Numbuh 1 nodded.
"Yes. We need to go and save them! C'mon, let's get to the treehouse."

Numbuh 1 started running towards the treehouse. Wally stood there for a few seconds, watching Nigel act like he completely forgot what happened a few moments ago, and sighed. He started running behind him.

I'm so selfish.

____________
What do you think will happen next? Thanks for being patient. 💗