Sweet

"Holy shit can you not leave me alone for two seconds?" I turn around, annoyed. I was back in the black puddle, staring at the blonde man again.

He tilts his head, "that's no way to speak to me, y/n."

"Fuck off." I scoff, standing before him. I know I can't escape, but maybe I can get him to lay off.

"Either tell me why you keep bothering me, or leave me alone!" I hiss at him and his stare remains blank.

"After everything we've been through." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"You need to show more gratitude towards me, y/n. After all, everything you do is because I allow you to."

"What?" I squint at him.

"You live, because I let you live. It would do you well to remember that." He spoke harshly, chilling me.

"I just don't understand why you keep showing up. You literally never say or do anything worth remembering so why do you keep bothering me?"

"It gets tedious, stuck up here. I like to check in on you, y/n. Can't you understand that?"

"Please, for fucks sake, leave me alone. Can't you just rest? Talk to your democreatures or something."

"You should be kinder to me, y/n. I'm warning you."

I turned around and was met with something that made my heart drop. My stomach fall. My eyes widen.

"Listen to him, y/n."

Billy, standing before me, tears in his eyes with a bloody white tank top on. He had black veins going up his neck, a massive gaping hole in his chest, and dark liquid dripping from his lips.

"Oh my god-"

"Listen to him, y/n." Billy raised his voice, stepping closer to me. I couldn't look away, my head pounding as he stood before me.

"Y/n"

"Y/n"

"Y/N" I was shaken awake, my eyes jolting open.

"Y/n, what's wrong, baby?" Eddie's gentle voice brought me back to reality, my heart still pounding rapidly. Every time I blinked, I saw billy.

Is that what he looked like when he died?

I couldn't speak, my voice got caught in my throat, trapped by the lump in it that was held back tears. Eddie realized this, pulling himself over me and lifting me up, pressing me against his chest and holding me tightly. He brought my arm gently to press my hand to his heart, feeling his heartbeat. I immediately felt safe, unafraid in his grasp. But I couldn't get that image out of my head.

He was bloody. He was crying. His fucking heart was ripped out of his chest.

"You okay?" Eddie asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No" I whispered shaking.

"It was just a dream, it's not real sweetheart." He cooed, holding still while he tightly kept his arms wrapped around me.

"Eddie it was so bad-" I cut myself off, wondering if I should even tell him I've been seeing one. Henry. Vecna.

"You don't have to tell me, sweetheart, you're safe. We're in bed, I'm holding you, nothing's gonna hurt you. You're safe." His voice was so gentle, but I couldn't close my eyes. I couldn't fall back asleep.

"You wanna lay back down?" He asked me softly, his hand gently rubbing my back.

"No." I sniffed, pulling myself off to look at him while we kept our arms around the other.