Ch2: Saving Miranda

When they got to Room 139, Atem and Yugi began to peek in the door window.

They saw that the place where the short, energetic friend that they knew sat down at was empty.

Yugi looked at Atem, with concern in his eyes.

"Where is she, Pharaoh...?" I thought that during this time of day, she would be free to chat to..." He said, starting to feel wary about Mrs. Hunter.

Atem sighed and just before he was about to say something back to Yugi, the Eye of Wdjat appeared on Miranda's forehead.

It was glowing brightly.

Yugi and Atem gasped.

As the Eye of Wdjat was glowing, it revealed to them where Mrs. Hunter was.

In the small room that was connected to the classroom.

Yugi looked at Atem after the Eye of Wdjat dimmed and then disappeared from Miranda's forehead.

"Pharaoh, do you want me to see what Mrs. Hunter's doing in that room?" He asked, curiously.

Atem smiled.

"Sure, Yugi." He said, giving the young boy permission.

Yugi smiled and then began to disappear.

................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile, in the other room...

Naomi was sitting next to her husband Karim and they were sharing a small container of leftover spaghetti that they had last night for dinner.

As she was feeding him like a little kid, Yugi appeared in the room in translucent form.

When he saw Mrs. Hunter, he immediately began to come behind her.

"Alright, Karim... Open wide." Mrs. Hunter said as she was about to fork feed the spaghetti to him.

Just as Karim had his mouth open, Mrs. Hunter was about to feed him when she felt someone tapping her on her shoulder.

She placed the fork down back into the spaghetti serving and when she turned around, she saw Yugi in translucent form.

"Hi, Yugi!!!" Mrs. Hunter said, ecstatically as she was happy to see him.

Karim smiled as well.

He was very happy to see Yugi, seeing that the young boy was a resemblance of the Pharaoh Atem, his best friend.

"Hi, Yugi. How's Atem?" Karim asked, really eager to know.

Yugi smiled.

"He's fine, Karim. He's a Dad to Miranda." He said, taking a picture out of his pocket and showing it to him.

It was a picture of Atem and Miranda, the night when PaniK was defeated and the nameless Pharaoh became Miranda's official guardian.

"So, Yugi... What are you doing here...?" Mrs. Hunter asked, rather curious as to why Yugi's translucent.

Yugi sighed sadly.

"We need your help, Mrs. Hunter. Miranda's injured!" He said as flashbacks of the cut that was steadily dripping blood was beginning to hit him.

When Yugi said that, Mrs. Hunter and Karim immediately got up from the table.

"Take us to her, Yugi..." Karim said, now getting really concerned as he was holding hands with his wife.