Name: …..

**

7 days before the murder cont'd.

    "Sam?! What are you doing here?!" Joy yelled in a whisper as she saw her class prefect in the control room. The boy jumped when he heard her voice and cursed under his breath. His eyes wandered down to the plier in her hands and he smiled.

   "The same reason you are here apparently." He replied and she saw the plier on the table. "Out of everybody, I didn't expect you to have this in mind." He added, turning back to the wires.

   "Says the prefect of the class." She retorted. Sam dropped the plier and faced her again.

  "And you are supposed to be one of the best students of our time." He replied. She was about to give her comeback when she remembered that time was being wasted.

   "Let's end it there." She said and he shrugged. "Which wire exactly are you cutting?" She asking, walking closer to where he stood. He shifted a little so she could see what he was doing.

   "Unless you know what to do, I'm just cutting all the wires connected to this computer." He said pointing at the bunch of wires along the wall. "They should definitely affect the cameras." He said and Joy nodded.

    "Where do I start? It'll be faster if we both join hands together and cut the wires." Joy suggested. Sam pointed at some wires and Joy dropped the hammer she was holding and started cutting the wires.

  "Speaking of joining hands together," Sam started, "if I'm correct, we both want to get our hands on the mock question paper, we can just work together and get the paper instead of working individually." He said. 

  Joy weighed the options carefully. If they both worked individually, either of them might get busted and Sam could use her to save his image. She knew that the story of the dutiful class prefect would be more believable than the class nerd. But if they worked together, she could keep tabs on him and someone would have her back.

    "Deal." She said finally and Sam grinned. "But how do you plan on getting the papers?" She asked and he shrugged.

   "I haven't thought of that yet," He replied, "have you?" He asked and she shook her head.

   "I was going to take one step at a time." She replied.

   "Me too." Sam said and they both continued cutting the wires. "We can meet up another day and brain storm on ideas."

   "How did you even get in here? You obviously didn't break in because the door is still fine." She inquired. She noticed the door was still in a good shape so she wondered how he had access.

   "Mrs Isioma forgot her keys in our class on Saturday morning. I wanted to chase after her and return it when I had the idea of getting rid of the cameras. Luckily for me, she went home straight so I tested all the keys on this door till one of them opened. I made a plan to sneak out today, get this over with and drop the key in our class like no one ever touched it." He explained and Joy looked at him in admiration. How could a boy who was not all that book smart be criminal smart?

~~

5 days before the murder.

    The three friends walked to the admin block during lunch period. They tried to get out of class earlier that morning but their maths teacher wasn't having any of it.

   "Thank heavens this yeye man came to school today." Brume said as the climbed the stairs to the principal's office.

   "Like seriously, out of all the days he had to miss school yesterday." Nini frowned.