Chapter 27 : She Figures Out

Start from the beginning

"Please bring her back," the person said, their voice glimpse trembles.

The woman appears perplexed by this behaviour, but their demeanour shifts instantly. What's the big deal about begging on your knees? She can do it as well. More importantly, the incident harmed her in another way. But she handles it differently than the person kneeling in front of her.

As Aurora examines the scene before her, she realises why the woman looks so familiar. She looks precisely like Duchess Smith, with her blonde hair and striking ruby eyes. As if she were a carbon copy of Natalie. However, the woman appears to be much more mature. That's when Aurora realised the woman was one of Natalie's ancestors, Duchess Anastasia Smith, the last holder of magical power in the Smith household.

As Aurora comes out of her slumber, she tries to get out of bed but is halted. Suddenly, she feels a pair of strong arms around her waist, and she turns around to see Medea hugging her from behind. Of course, it's possible that Medea subconsciously embraced her due to the close quarters of their tiny bed. But it bothers Aurora because she dislikes when other people intrude on her space.

A sharp pain spike in her head again, throbbing, almost exploding Aurora's brain, so she lay down again and rested in Medea's arms. The dream still bothers her, and she cannot recall the scene from the original novel. The person appears familiar, but Natalie cannot identify her. Duchess Anastasia is a descendant of the Smith family from 150 years ago.

"Why would the woman appear so suddenly in my dream? And how did I know it was Anastasia Smith?" Aurora closes her eyes, trying to dissolve the headache.

After a while, it subsides quickly, as if it's never been there before. Then, the Duchess of Light tries to free herself from Medea's grip, but it is so firm that it appears impossible to do so without waking the Duchess.

"No, do not leave me," mumbles the Duchess in her sleep, tightening her grip.

Aurora still feels awkward in Medea's arms, but a knock at the door saves her from the everlasting awkwardness. But unfortunately, it is already night when Veronica emerges from the door, while the pink eyes are stuck on the Duchesses' position in the first place.

"Do you want some tea, Your Grace? Maybe a dinner?" Veronica inquires, rousing Medea from her slumber.

"Oh, my Lady! Do you want to join us?" Veronica asks Medea another question.

Duchess Smith smiles and nods in response to the gesture. She tells the pink-haired woman that she will visit the location later. Both women remain in bed as Veronica leaves, and Natalie takes advantage of the opportunity to slip away, leaving Medea alone.

"Nate," she suddenly said, stopping Natalie in her escape track.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry," Medea said, but Natalie was a little off at the moment.

She is perplexed by the sudden apologies. That's when she recalls their argument before all of this happened.

"Express how you are feeling and thinking. I'm not sure what you're thinking, but it would be beneficial if you could tell me. I'm not great at communicating either, but I'm hoping we can grow out of this," Natalie said while smiling at the lady in front of her.

Medea returns the blonde's smile, and it is the first time they both genuinely smile at each other. It's like going back in time. Then they leave the room and come to Veronica's for tea, along with the other men, including Apollo and Hector. Fun fact, though, it's the first time all four have sat at the same table without trying to kill each other. Lord Apollo and Marquess Hector make dagger eyes at both ladies, but the Duchesses don't care.