Chapter 35: Break

Start from the beginning

   "Oh, I thought you got them at some decently gorment place, but I guess that makes sense. Chicken tenders aren't really the type to be high quality food. Ah, never mind what I said about getting some, I'm going to stick to eating my own cooked food."

   "Yeah, I can't really cook. The most I can do is boil and fry the chicken tenders. By the way, since when do you cook?"

   "Since always? Cooking with ingredients bought at the school is way more economical than buying food at a restaurant. It's good to eat there once in a while, but I don't get the appeal of eating there every single day."

   "I do see your point—wait..."

   Sudō suddenly went quiet. "Hm?" I patiently waited until he continued.

   "What was I going to tell you...?"

   "I don't know, you tell me," I answered back, joking.

   "Ahh! I can't remember!" Sudō grumbled.

   "Take your time, I'll be continuing my cooking."

   I finished my quick meal which was rice and eggs, nothing special because I didn't feel like cooking something else. Plus it's fast to cook this type of food.

   "Oh, yeah! I wanted to talk to you about fortune-telling."

   "Go on, what was so interesting about it?" I said while my mouth not being full of food since I have manners unlike shonen protagonists.

   "Truth is—"

   This man just started and it already sounds like some haunted shit, like a rumor of sounds being heard late at night. Eh, I need to hear the rest of this to give my full opinion.

   "I've heard there's this crazy-accurate fortune-teller over at Keyaki Mall, but they're only gonna be there during summer vacation. I guess it's big among the seniors. Even when I'm doing club stuff, all anyone talks about is that fortune-teller. I got some extra cash, so I felt like having some fun, y'know? Let's check it out. My treat, of course."

   Now that I think about it, I indeed heard about it while being in the art club, since there really wasn't much to do, and you were allowed to work at your house due to the current project, I forgot about that. If I remember correctly, Shiranami mentioned she was going there tomorrow.

   "Actually it's on me this time, with the big pay day I got I'll easily be able to cover the expenses. Keep the points you earned for another time."

   "Really!? Thanks man! I appreciate it!" Sudō gratefully thanked me.

   "No problem, so when are we going?"

   "Tomorrow morning. Sounds like it starts at ten, but apparently, if you don't get in line early, you'll be waiting forever. So the plan is to go at 9:30."

   "Sounds good to me."

   "Mochizuki, can I ask you for a favor?"

   "Hm? What is it?"

   "Can you invite two girls to accompany us? " He asked me for a peculiar favor.

   "Uh, sure? I mean, I can do that...but why?" I inquired, quite curious.

   "It would take to long to explain, but in simple terms I ain't gay."

   "The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

   Since when did Sudō master being as cryptic and vague? This man has improved to the point I can't even recognize. In all seriousness, I think I get what he's trying to say, maybe. It's probably weird for two dude's to see fortune-telling together.