Leo 28

While Jason got a ride on Frank I had to swim the entire way to Poseidon's palace.
It was a long swim but I'm sure Poseidon was helping because I knew for a fact that I couldn't swim that far by myself... Ever.
Thalia was up there swimming just right behind Theseus, who by the way had a freakin' tail.
Frank was swimming just a little ways a head of me with Jason still on his back.
How much further, I whined.
Jason turned to look at me, then tapped Frank.
I've been wondering that too, said Jason.
Well we are almost to the drop off, said Theseus.
Drop off?
After that we swim straight down, Frank said.
So question why do you have a tail? I asked stupidly.
Theseus looked back at me.
We all have tails down here, it's easier to swim with.
What about Percy? asked Thalia.
He can have one too, but he prefers not to. It makes it a hassle to get out of the water.
He can have a tail? exclaimed Jason.
That's what I said, said Frank.
Thalia gave the three of us annoyed looks.
Oh like you knew, I said.
I didn't but it's not like it's a surprise.
What do you mean by that? asked Frank.
Well everyone knows Poseidon has a tail while under water.
He does? I asked.
Yeah.
Since when? asked Jason.
He always had a tail, even in ancient times, Theseus said.
When I thought about it I guess it made a little sense. I mean all the fish in the ocean had tails, so the King of the Ocean would have a tail.
Okay get ready here's the drop off, Theseus said.
And yeah he didn't need to say anything. It was obliviously a drop off.

Over here...
I see the ocean bottom.
Over here...
I see nothing but black water.
OBVIOUSLY A DROP OFF!!!!

I saw Thalia shutter before she followed as Theseus dived towards the black water.
The only thing I could think of was...
"Just keep swimming... Just keep swimming... Swim... Swim... What do we do?... We swim... Swim...we SWIM!... AH!! SOMETHING'S GOT MY FIN!"
I grinned stupidly to myself.
You know we can all hear you, said Frank.
I looked down.
Everyone had stopped swimming and was looking at me.
I swear it's the first time someone felt that hot in the middle of the ocean while being under water.
I mean I'm sure that if I wasn't soaking wet I would have erupted in flames from embarrassment.
Sorry.
Theseus shrugged.
Percy sings Under the Sea while on his way down.
Why didn't I know this.
I'm learning more about Percy in the last week and a half then in the time on the Argo II and the two years he was missing.