Chapter 11: An Engagement

Start from the beginning

•°•°•

"Welcome." Y/n hummed to the guests entering the castle 

"Y/n!" She heard a familiar voice yell and when she turned to look she saw a mix of brown and blond racing towards her and tackled her into a hug 

"Boys!" She exclaimed hugging them tightly "Welcome, Welcome! I have a special table for my and Eret's family!" 

"Wow! You look beautiful in that dress Phoenix." Tubbo said with a grin as Tommy walked by "You like my tux? Schlatt helped me pick it out!" 

Y/n gave a quick grimace and nodded. "I told you I don't like the man, he gives off bad vibes, but if you like him..." 

"He seems familiar, I don't know why," Tubbo says shrugging "Kinda like when you and me are!" 

"My Tubbo. Go sit with Will and Tommy. I think Eret's dad is coming soon."  She said with a gentle smile 

"Alright But arent you supposed to be wearing white during the engagement party and sorts like that?" Tubbo asked 

"When have I ever followed the rules Little one?" She asked with a sly grin 

He made a face with a nod and turned but not before looking back and saying "By the way, It's nice to see you giving your wings some air."  

She only smiled and joined Eret in greeting guests. He wore a black suit with a red tie and was talking to some people she had never met before, he was a green centaur with spots all over him and he wore a suit top with a green tie and the other wore a supreme mask over his face and a suit with a green tie as well. 

"Hi, Welcome."  She greeted with a handshake "I'm Pheonix."

The centaur's hand- paw?- was huge and completely engulfed her own and the other was about the size of her own hand. "Pleasure to meet the bride-to-be. I'm Sam and this is my lover, Ponk."  

"Well thank you for coming!" She grinned "Find a table food will be out in a few."  

They walked off and soon heard a chuckle, Eret wrapped their arm around her waist and pulled her close. She smiled softly at the three males who walked in. 

"Dream," Y/n said turning into Eret and putting her hand on his chest "It's great to see you here."  

"Thank you for inviting me and My friends." Dream's arms gestured to his friends who all wore suits with their ties as their respective colors red, blue, and green. 

"Thank you for attending," Eret said with a nod "Please, find a table, food will be out soon."  

"We will but when is the actual wedding?" Dream inquired "Just wondering." 

"It will be soon, probably after the L'manburg election." The girl filled in "But for now, enjoy." 

The three walked off and chattered amongst the crowd before finding their seats. "Wanna tell them to start serving the food?" Eret whispered into her ear "I know you're hungry." 

"Please!" She replies with desperation "I'm starving. I'll watch out fr any new guests. It's just your dad, schlatt, and Quackity, right?" 

"Will do, and yes. My dad should be easy to spot. He has the same eyes as me." Eret said and Y/n nodded 

She stood in the doorway and in came three people walking side by side. All three wore suits and she recognized two immediately and the third not so much.

"Schlatt, Quackity, welcome." She said turning to the ram and duck shifter "Find a table to sit at."  

She turned to the other male and smiled "You must be Eret's father. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."  

"Thank you for the warm welcome. Is there a specific place where we sit or?" He questioned he wore a nice tux and sunglasses 

"You can sit with my family," She said and pointed towards the table where Tubbo was building something ad Tommy and Wilbur were fighting "I'm sorry in advance for anything my brothers do."  

"Your father and mother aren't here?" He asked softly 

"My mother is gone, May the goddess let her sleep, and My father couldn't make it." She explained, "Go sit, Eret and I will be there soon. And again, It's a pleasure to meet you Mr.Herobrine. Eret talks a lot about you." 

He walked away and she saw the food start to come out. She smiled and sat at her and Eret's table, It was separated for the sake of tradition and they would only eat at it. 

•°•°•

"Shut up and dance with me."  She said as she swept Tubbo onto the dance floor with a large grin 

The two of them danced on the empty floor before Wilbur and Tommy joined in. They all laughed as they spun and switched partners Tommy was dancing with Tubbo and Y/n was dancing with Wilbur. 

"So this entire thing is fake right?" Wilbur whispered 

"Oh yeah. I love Eret but he's not my type."  She whispered back 

"That's right, You like blaze hybrids." Wilbur teased "More specifically, A certain dream team member." 

"Oh shut up Wilbur." She hissed and purposely stepped on his toe 

He pulled away with a glare but was stolen away by Niki before he could do anything and Y/n was stolen away by Eret.  

"Now, what was he teasing you about?" Eret asked, his smooth voice trying to coax it out of her. It worked. 

"About How I'm crushing on Sapnap." She said rolling her eyes 

"Ah, yes. My future wife plans to cheat on me with the man who broke her heart." Eret cooed 

"It's not cheating if you don't truly love me." She replied with a sly grin